Keep getting the same card

mysticangel_001

Whenever I do a reading on the relationship of this one couple, the 4 of pentacles comes up in almost every reading. In fact, pretty much all the cards that come up in their readings are Pentacles. What is this card trying to tell me? Is it saying there is no "love" in this relationship, it's all about money and status?

Thoughtful

Difficult to say without knowing the surrounding cards. Why not put the cards you have used into the Using the Tarot thread. Then we can see what this 4 Wands is referring to, sure you will get many replies.
Hope this helps :)

Grizabella

It sometimes means that one or both parties are very possessive. They're jealous and want to posses and control their partner. It can mean abusiveness in some extreme cases.

As Thoughtful said, though, a lot depends on the other cards you drew.

mysticangel_001

Difficult to say without knowing the surrounding cards. Why not put the cards you have used into the Using the Tarot thread. Then we can see what this 4 Wands is referring to, sure you will get many replies.
Hope this helps :)

Ugh, haven't kept a record of the readings, I just noticed a trend with the 4 Pentacles coming up...especially in regards to him.

mysticangel_001

It sometimes means that one or both parties are very possessive. They're jealous and want to posses and control their partner. It can mean abusiveness in some extreme cases.

As Thoughtful said, though, a lot depends on the other cards you drew.

I can totally see that...being jealous and wanting to control each other. That is true for both of them.

ShinyAeon

Four of pentacles can also represent fear...someone so afraid of being hurt or losing something that they think they've got to crouch behind their protective shields all the time.

mysticangel_001

Four of pentacles can also represent fear...someone so afraid of being hurt or losing something that they think they've got to crouch behind their protective shields all the time.

I can definitely see that, too. A lack of self confidence and believing that they NEED each other (or any other person) to make them happy and complete.

angelika

I would say that as you are the one doing the spread and reading the cards that the card has got something to say to you. It might well be a message to you. The message might be that they are going to stick together. Or nothing will change with them. Something like that. But when I have had repeated cards turning up it is usually to show me something.

Rediska

Are you shuffling correctly? sometimes I get the same cards but it has to do with not shuffling correctly. But if you are getting something consistently-then Tarot is telling you something loud and clear.

Michael Sternbach

I can totally see that...being jealous and wanting to control each other. That is true for both of them.

That's how I would read it too, provided that we are talking about the RWS or one of its variations (it isn't necessarily the meaning of the card in every deck though).

And it happens to me quite often that I keep getting the same cards for the same issue. Even when drawing them from a fan.