Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 209 : August 1 - August 7

VGimlet

Thank you, VGimlet, and congrats on your new position!!! :party:

I promise I won't let the power go to my head. :joke:

So far I like the Fountain Tarot. Haven't decided if I'll work with it more yet, but it's interesting and a nice change of pace.

BodhiSeed

I promise I won't let the power go to my head. :joke:
Sort of like getting a bigger set of keys at work but no raise to go with them. :D
We do appreciate you though.:heart:

Phenix

I have had my Shadowscapes for a while but other than a quick look through each card have done nothing with it. It deserves much more (and OMG I love the purple), so I have been getting ready to work with it.

The images tend to drift from RWS, which is fine with me as I usually read off of what I see in relation to question/spread rather than what traditional meanings are "supposed" to be. But as I don't want to be blind to what the intended meanings for this deck are, I have been going through the LWB starting yesterday. Got through the majors and wands to 9 so far, and hope to finish the rest by tomorrow before a deck interview.

I have also been knitting an iridescent lavender bag for this deck, and have ordered some Viva Decor in Hydrangea to gild the edges, both of which should also be done this week :D

It's my b-day and not sure if its good or not that the highlight of my day is sitting back with some ginger cider and getting lost in some tarot cards, lol.

madhatter00o

It's my b-day and not sure if its good or not that the highlight of my day is sitting back with some ginger cider and getting lost in some tarot cards, lol.

Happy birthday! I'd say it's a pretty good thing that you get to relax and enjoy what you love on your special day. ^_^

I also really like the Shadowscapes Tarot, though I don't have one myself (yet... >_>). Stephanie's art is amazing! I have two of her watercolour books, and I've learned so much from them. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to paint at the moment... life is busy, as usual.

You'll have to let me know how the deck reads! It's definitely on my list, but that list far exceeds my budget... as usual. XD Still, it would be nice to know what I'm getting into before I commit, so I'm really looking forward to hearing your experiences with the deck.

Again, happy birthday, and many returns!

BodhiSeed

:party: Sounds wonderful! Hope the rest of your birthday involves doing whatever brings you joy.:party:

Scarlet Woodland

Just noticed your shopping list on the postman thread swedishfish... have bought these myself in the last month or so and love them all:
- Halloween Tarot
- Samhain Treat deck
- Samhain Deck of the Bastard
- Tarot Illuminati
...Does this mean I need the alchemical too :D Are we stealing each others brains again? ;)

Scarlet Woodland

Happy Birthday Phenix :) Playing with my new Alice Tarot was very nearly my birthday highlight last week so you're not alone :D (Got pipped to the post by a giant fruit bat flying just over my head twice at the zoo in the end! They're a lot cuter than they sound haha.)

Shadowscapes is gorgeous. I'd been guilty of neglecting mine too till last week but found it the most amazingly easy, intuitive reader once I'd given it the attention it deserved. Easily in my top two favourite decks :D

Back on the lovely Alice; know its only early in the week but this is definitely going to end up being a 'more later' deck as its already given me new perspectives on a number of cards. The Seven of swords was a case in point today... stepped into the card and got a really vivid image that the knave of hearts was taking the tarts from an undeserving queen to feed someone who needed them more. Could really see the hungry person waiting just outside the frame of the image. Will definitely be coming back to this deck when I've got some holiday time as not enough hours in a working week to get to know them all properly.

Will start in with some bigger spreads tomorrow and see how it responds... it seems like a one to three card in-depth sort of deck at the moment but I've eaten my words before :) Thought the Shadowscapes would be like that and it loves a big spread.

RiverRunsDeep

It's more than good....it's FABULOUS!! Happy Birthday! :party:

Disappointed with my Druidcraft so far; I'm not enjoying it as much as I
thought I would. :(
It reads well enough but, for some reason, I find it very irritating. I hate
shuffling the darned thing, the color of the card backs makes me sad, and
I haven't been able to find a personal connection with the images.

I am, however, enjoying the companion book. I like how the minors are
described by number rather than suit, so all the Aces are explained, then the
Twos, etc., so it's a good basic review of the numerological associations. Plus
there are some random ideas here and there that present a new way (for me)
of viewing certain cards.

As for the cards, I think I will try one of the spreads described in the companion
book. And I noticed there is a study group for this deck, so I think I'll pop over
there to read a few threads and see what all the fuss is about.

swedishfish612

Just noticed your shopping list on the postman thread swedishfish... have bought these myself in the last month or so and love them all:
- Halloween Tarot
- Samhain Treat deck
- Samhain Deck of the Bastard
- Tarot Illuminati
...Does this mean I need the alchemical too :D Are we stealing each others brains again? ;)

Our shared good taste continues! :D The Alchemical is kind of out of the norm for me. I have looked at it many times over the last few years and thought "eh...not for me." But then a few weeks ago I suddenly really, really wanted it. I quickly learned that the Renewed/3rd edition was sold out, but a new one was coming out any time, so I grabbed it when it became available. We'll see how I like it when it gets there! lol

swedishfish612

Disappointed with my Druidcraft so far; I'm not enjoying it as much as I
thought I would. :(
It reads well enough but, for some reason, I find it very irritating. I hate
shuffling the darned thing, the color of the card backs makes me sad, and
I haven't been able to find a personal connection with the images.

I don't know if this would help you at all but I trimmed mine way down and it was like a whole different deck. Oddly enough, some of my favorite cards (Death, the Star) are in this deck, but it isn't one of m favorite decks overall. I guess that happens sometimes!