Clarifying Tarot readings...

DesertDream

I agree with angelika, you must ask the right question for what you seek and oddly enough a lot of sitters and readers or read only-yourselfers dont do it right. I find it brings greater clarity.

Also.. im gunna be the misfit in this thread and 'admit' to useing clairifiers. I dont think its a particular amatuer move but it can be. Depends on how and why you use them. I dont clairify with card upon card upon card but i do use it if i feel the cards have more to say on its posistion on a spread. I do this with oracles more than with tarot especially when reading for others. There is all sorts of reasons to pull extra cards, depends on reading situation, really. But i dont knock people who use them UNLESS its impeding their reading/learning. Thats where i would worry.

queenxofxwands

Ive used clarifiers , but not often, and, not multiple ones. I have used them to pinpoint a particular aspect of a card, and it does that very well. If you are going to use them, I think its important to know why you are using them. If you don't get any clarity from your clarifier, you won't get any from 10 either. That just turns into cherry picking, because you didn't like the answer, so odds are, if you keep turning cards, you will probably be able to pick something you like.
Can't say I've ever used them when reading for others, only for myself.

gregory

Problem with this is ... many people tend to be a bit deffensive when you give an advice like:

"Please stay with your tarot deck till the meaning of every card start envolving into something superior... other way the 9 of cups gonna be just a "wish card"
I would have been well hacked off if anyone had ever said something like that to me.... I'm very glad no-one was that dismissive. We all have our own ways of learning, and quite often a change of deck makes ALL the difference. Not to mention different decks have different meanings, and context ranks above individual meanings anyway, and the rest.

Krakken

I agree with angelika, you must ask the right question for what you seek and oddly enough a lot of sitters and readers or read only-yourselfers dont do it right. I find it brings greater clarity.

Also.. im gunna be the misfit in this thread and 'admit' to useing clairifiers. I dont think its a particular amatuer move but it can be. Depends on how and why you use them. I dont clairify with card upon card upon card but i do use it if i feel the cards have more to say on its posistion on a spread. I do this with oracles more than with tarot especially when reading for others. There is all sorts of reasons to pull extra cards, depends on reading situation, really. But i dont knock people who use them UNLESS its impeding their reading/learning. Thats where i would worry.

I see that as a bad habit...

explain this for me

You got the sun + tower, so you pull another card to clarify the tower, and this is the 2 of rods. and boom! you got the answer.

in another reading, with another costumer...same topic.

You got the 1 of cups + tower ... Why do u need to pull another card to clarify the tower if you had done it before ?

In another reading, reading for yourself....

you got; 3 of sword + Tower.... Do you really need to clarify same card everytime?

are people so lazy and intuitionless? In my opinion, That´s not a tarot reader.... that just a kid playing with cards...

Thanks for your feedback :).

Krakken

We all have our own ways of learning, and quite often a change of deck makes ALL the difference.

What another way to learn tarot than studying and being commited to your deck. ?

What is diffrent is the proposite of learning...

what you gonna do with your knowledge?... how do you want to use it? are you just a collector? do you have the intuition? the gift? can you do an oracle?.

DesertDream

I see that as a bad habit...

explain this for me

You got the sun + tower, so you pull another card to clarify the tower, and this is the 2 of rods. and boom! you got the answer.

in another reading, with another costumer...same topic.

You got the 1 of cups + tower ... Why do u need to pull another card to clarify the tower if you had done it before ?

In another reading, reading for yourself....

you got; 3 of sword + Tower.... Do you really need to clarify same card everytime?

are people so lazy and intuitionless? In my opinion, That´s not a tarot reader.... that just a kid playing with cards...

Thanks for your feedback :).

I agree. I do not clairify, clairifying cards one upon another upon another. But there are many ways to read extra cards (with whatever title they take on). I believe if you have a good skill with whatever deck you use, then reading extra cards would not be an issue. I do think its an issue when it impedes rather than helps the reading though further confusing the spread than opening a storyline further.

gregory

What another way to learn tarot than studying and being commited to your deck. ?

What is diffrent is the proposite of learning...

what you gonna do with your knowledge?... how do you want to use it? are you just a collector? do you have the intuition? the gift? can you do an oracle?.
You don't have to stick to one deck to study well. In fact, you can learn one hell of a lot by looking at several. Committing to just one can actually hold you back to a degree. And the BEST way to study and learn, in my view, is to make your own deck. That's why I did so.

There is no such thing as "just" a collector.

But yes I read, and most people seem happy with my readings.

And I have no idea whether I have "the gift". I don't look at things like that; it sounds elitist. AS an experiment, I have tried reading magazine pictures and also oracles - but the tarot is what works for me - and telling others to do things my way would be both rude and unhelpful, I think. People study and learn in different ways. Something I think you perhaps find hard to understand, given that you post so dismissively when I disagree with you.

violetdaisy

I don't ask yes no questions, the deck really isn't built well for it so it just confuses me.