10 of pentacles as relationship outcome

PAMUYA

I believe that this ten (pentacles) is more about security, there is love here, but not the bliss of the 10 of cups.

The Tens are the culmination of each suit the ultimate of the energy of their suit. With Pentacles being about material weath, earth, health and security, the Ten is certainly a card of satisfaction and enjoying the fruits of one’s labors. It is about passing on that security, knowledge, and traditions to future generations.

How do we want to be remembered? What will be our legacy, and to whom will we give and leave it to?

For the greatest wealth is to have lived our lives so that when we draw our last breath we know that we have given everything we have in security, knowledge, and wisdom to others.

Direct: Inheritance, security, family, close friends, loyalty.

Reversed: Loss of money/friends, family breaking apart, loss of support, responsibility of caring for an elderly person, disputed inheritance

nisaba

carcinya said:
How would you interpret the 10 of Pentacles as outcome in a relationship reading?
I don't honestlyh thing there *is* any suc h thing as "a relationship outcome".

Relationships are constant, and constantly changing. Yo9u ask anyone who fell in love fifty years ago - they still haven't reached any kind of outcome. The only relationships that have an outcome are those that end forever, through death or something equally extreme. All the rest are still in the processing and "getting-there" stage.

carcinya

Thanks everyone, great thread! Lots of things to add to my tarot journal. I love this forum. <3

Nisaba: I totally agree with you! I was simply asking about the possible meanings when the card falls into this particular position. Outcome, potential, next step, you name it. :)

WalesWoman

A friend read for someone getting married, got the 10 Pents, was sure it meant the marriage, house, family and good things.

The groom never showed up to the wedding... twas the end.

Was devastating to the bride and the reader.

Adjustment

WalesWoman said:
A friend read for someone getting married, got the 10 Pents, was sure it meant the marriage, house, family and good things.

The groom never showed up to the wedding... twas the end.

Was devastating to the bride and the reader.

What a shocking situation. From my own experience reading for myself and others, i have always seen the 10 of any suit as something ending or completed.

tarot_quest

A bit surprised...

Hi,

I read for a new person on New Year Eve. I did a celtic cross about the potential for her new relationship (both of them were dating and getting to know each others), and I got the 10 of pentacles for the outcome position.

So I told her (based on my intuition and the surrounding cards) that there was a solid potential to establish a nice relationship between both of them. I told the sitter that she wanted something serious and that a mature relationship could surely be formed. However, I have heard today that her girlfriend told her she did not develop feelings for her and that she preferred to breakup. The sitter was still interested in her and disappointed.

From my perspective, I feel that this card is about the material aspect of a relationship, in the sens that 2 people make common effort to build something in meaningful. This card does not speak about passion (even if it does not exclude it). So I am wondering if it is a case where the outcome meant ''aiming for something serious, but not reaching the next step'', as if the culmination point was already reached with this 10? Concerning the actual outcome, I would have imagined another card (or even the 10 of pentacles rx) to fit this situation better.

Any thoughts?

I have seen 10 of Pentacles appearing before breakups. It still confuses me because I like to look at it as positive. I suppose it means that they went as far as possible in creating a solid/tangible relationship. The cycle ended.

tarot_quest

I have seen 10 of Pentacles appearing before breakups. It still confuses me because I like to look at it as positive. I suppose it means that they went as far as possible in creating a solid/tangible relationship. The cycle ended.

Yeah, I totally agree!

I am also surprised because I see this card as really positive just like you... I am starting to think that when a person get it at the beginning of a relationship, it could be that the person is aiming for something serious too fast (such as picturing themselves on a long term basis with the other person and thinking about either having a family or living with the other person).