Mary Packard - Tarot de Marseille

Desecrated

"The Tarot de Marseille combines 78 beautifully replicated tarot cards with a book describing the history of the deck, the meanings associated with the different cards, and explanations of the different ways the cards can be used for divination.

The Madenie version, included in this kit, is considered to be the standard model when referring to the Tarot de Marseilles. It is also commonly thought to be the most beautiful. The original deck is preserved in the Swiss National Museum of Zurich and is the only complete copy known to exist.

The woodcut-style of the images on the cards have been faithfully re-created and the borders of these elegant cards are adorned with gold metallic ink. The cards and the book are housed in a beautiful gift box.
- See more at: http://www.quartoknows.com/books/9781631061622/Tarot-de-Marseille.html#sthash.hOSD26gY.dpuf"

Has anybody seen the complete packaging? I was really hoping it would be similar to her Golden Tarot set.

Aeric

Daaaaang. Just that cover card is making me salivate. Packard knows what's good.

Cesar

As far as I know, the set is not yet on sale. According to Amazon it's going to be on sale since October the 20th.
The price seems very convenient. Though I would like to have some insights about the quality of the cardstock and the general manufacturing of the deck.
I really dislike to buy decks of low quality which actually are a good piece of image but not a working tool.

Patrick Booker

It is available on Amazon UK on 15th October 2015. You can access some pages of the book, but it is not clear to me whether the cards are a new product. Is it a restoration or a facsimile? If the cover illustration is accurate, it appears to have rounded corners.

Patrick

starlightexp

I'm hoping it as good card stock as the gold borders might be heaven. I love the the TdM is all the rage right now

Desecrated

It is available on Amazon UK on 15th October 2015. You can access some pages of the book, but it is not clear to me whether the cards are a new product. Is it a restoration or a facsimile? If the cover illustration is accurate, it appears to have rounded corners.

Patrick

They are the same as her last set. Recreated of the originals, really closely recreated but with enhanced lines and color.

Desecrated

As far as I know, the set is not yet on sale. According to Amazon it's going to be on sale since October the 20th.
The price seems very convenient. Though I would like to have some insights about the quality of the cardstock and the general manufacturing of the deck.
I really dislike to buy decks of low quality which actually are a good piece of image but not a working tool.

You can place an early order on it now from most book stores. I'm in Sweden and the store I'm using can place an order on it now and hopefully it will arrive in 1 to 2 weeks.

Astraea

Agree, the Visconti Sforza set was excellent, but the borders on some of the decks were woefully uneven - some of the card images on mine (and several other ATers') were smashed right up against the edge of the cardboard, with massive borders on the other side; and many of the images were tilted on the cards, as well. Hope more attention has been paid to that issue with this set.

FLizarraga

Agree, the Visconti Sforza set was excellent, but the borders on some of the decks were woefully uneven - some of the card images on mine (and several other ATers') were smashed right up against the edge of the cardboard, with massive borders on the other side; and many of the images were tilted on the cards, as well. Hope more attention has been paid to that issue with this set.

I remember the whole debacle. Only after reading about it I realized that some of my own were also uneven --although only slightly, thank goodness.

I couldn't help myself and already preordered the Marseille set. Let's hope their QC has improved.