L'Authentique Tarot de Marseille

garmonbozia

Is anyone familiar with this deck or from where it can be easily obtained?

I first discovered it here:
http://www.lepalaisdutarot.com/authentique-tarot-de-marseille.htm

It looks like an interesting deck that I would love to have. However, it seem that this website charges 39 euros shipping to the US (and from what I can tell, for all orders regardless of size) and it looks like they charge another 10 euros to accept a credit card payment. Delivery charge of 49 Euros = Robbery, unless I were buying 30 decks or more.

The only other website I could find selling this is here:
http://www.esotelia.com/index.php?i...e&action=article&group_id=62&aid=6970&lang=FR

I tried to order this deck a few weeks ago from there, and when I get to the step where I choose my country, I cannot go any further once I choose the United States. No shipping options appear to select, and when you continue to the next page, I get an error saying I must choose a shipping option (from the list of nothing apparently). So dead end there.

Hopefully someone is familiar with this deck. Is it worth trying to pursue?

Does anyone know any other source to buy this from?

Thank you to anyone who can help!

gregory

WELL - if you order from le palais, the postage will be TERRIFYING, but they are honest, other than that ! (except that if it isn't the deck you expect, they will not refund under ANY circumstances.)

But why not email the other place, and ask ?

Bertrand

Hello

From my point of view this deck is a very bad joke (a stupid mix between Grimaud tarot de marseille and Joro/Camoin lores quickly drawn) and the shipping costs from Le Palais du Tarot are an even worse joke (like many of their prices but not all). That being said if you feel like reading with it, why not ?

Last time I ordered something from this shop is when they offered shipping costs for free, if I remember correctly it happens once a year for one week, I don't think it happened this year yet (or they didn't tell me!) but if it does I'll try to remember to order one of those.

Bertrand

garmonbozia

except that if it isn't the deck you expect, they will not refund under ANY circumstances

That sounds scary. Do they not always ship the same thing that you order?

But why not email the other place, and ask ?

I have, and if they reply, I'll share any information here. Fingers crossed.

garmonbozia

(a stupid mix between Grimaud tarot de marseille and Joro/Camoin lores quickly drawn)

Last time I ordered something from this shop is when they offered shipping costs for free, if I remember correctly it happens once a year for one week, I don't think it happened this year yet (or they didn't tell me!) but if it does I'll try to remember to order one of those.

Thanks Bertrand,
I watched the video about the deck but my French is not that great so I only understood bits and pieces of it. I did pick up that it is somehow a combination of the Conver and Camoin, which is strange. If you happen to watch the video, do they offer any reason why this is being called "the authentic" TdM?

I am intrigued by the snake on the table of Le Bateleur. Seemed almost shocking at first, but now I see that there also seems to be a snake-like object in the Camoin deck, which I am not very familiar with.

gregory

That sounds scary. Do they not always ship the same thing that you order?
The listing was TOTALLY wrong; they admitted it afterwards - but no refund.

The other place is the same for shipping to the UK as lepalais.... :( I just tried it.

nemodomi

FWIW, lepalaisdutarot.com = oracle-of-tarot.com = magicka.com = magicka.biz.

garmonbozia

FWIW, lepalaisdutarot.com = magicka.com = magicka.biz.

yes, I initially thought I found a third website that carried it, but it all linked backed to lepalais. it was one of those magicka ones.

garmonbozia

Does this include international? Wow, that would be something, as there are a few other decks I wouldn't mind ordering from there if it were not for the prohibitive shipping and credit card surcharge.

If you find out about this happening again, please let me know. Thanks!

garmonbozia

The listing was TOTALLY wrong; they admitted it afterwards - but no refund.

The other place is the same for shipping to the UK as lepalais.... :( I just tried it.

yikes, to both.
does lepalais charge 39 euros for shipping to the UK also, same as the US?
it sucks if this other place charges the same. i couldn't find shipping info on the site and could not get far enough through checkout to see.

thanks for checking!