The Dark Grimoire Tarot

lilangel09

Personally, I love the style of art. Not to insult, but it kind of reminds me of Harry Potter. Unfortunately, I'm on the fence about buying more decks.

September Pixie

I preordered through TG last night. It really looks like a beautiful deck!

AngelC

I got mine today and I must say I like it.
This is what the Necronomicon should have been.
I even like the LWB - how about that? :D

I'm still working with it, looking at the cards, trying a few readings and so far I like what I see.

HearthCricket

Hmm...the more I see it the more I dislike it. I seem to be very happy with my Deviant Moon and Bohemian Gothic for dark decks and am presently not craving any others. It looks, a lot, like a story needs to go with it, to understand the artwork better and click with the deck.

Myrrha

I am surprised how much I like it. I'm kind of wanting to experiment with decks where there isn't a "meaning" so much as a picture to read into. For example the "monster" in the Eight of Swords has tentacles coming from his heart area. What does that mean in relation to the question? Or that forboding figure coming nearer to the couple in the Lovers? There are details here that seem like they could be wonderful to read.

I've been experimenting with the Mona Lisa and Gothic Tarot of Vampires and I like them but it sometimes seems like there is too specific a story going on in the deck. The Dark Grimoire still has that sense that there is a narrative but it seems to invite me as the reader to fill in the blanks and write the story myself. This reminds me more of the Universal Fantasy in that it gives the sense that there is a story but doesn't really insist that it is any particular story. Of course I've only seen these few cards.... and it has been a while since I read any Lovecraft. Maybe being more familiar with the stories would ruin it for me

Queen of Disks

I wasn't sure about this deck at first, but it is growing on me. I like the backs best of all (with the picture of our friend H.P. Lovecraft on it.) I think I will get it if I see it.

I also like the idea of the non-specific story, like in the Universal Fantasy. I could sit there and make up all kinds of stories with that deck, and I probably could with the Dark Grimoire Tarot as well.

thorhammer

I like this deck, too, though I've seen little of it. I don't have many "dark" decks, and I do want some :) so one day when I have the $$, I'll lay hands on this one, I reckon. It looks interesting, and outside my comfort zone.

\m/ Kat

Anam Cara

Oh! I REALLY like this deck!
But...
I fear it would give me nightmares
whenever I read or meditated with it!
I think I will be satisfied living vicariously
through those of you who add it to your collections...
please share your experiences!!
:heart:cara

Gavriela

I vant this one...bwahahahaa. Depending on cash and patience either from Alida or TG. All the cool kids have their BoHos and DMs, but I like this one :)

firefrost

Hmmm...

I do like it, I do.

My problem is that I'm trying to have less decks, not more...Ack!

Think I'll keep a watch here for a while and see what you all come up with in your reviews...