Tarot of Trees being printed!

kabang

I'm doing my happy dance! (I would've done it sooner but I've been ill.) :)

adriayna

lark said:
swords -fall
coins-winter
cups-spring
wands-summer
I like it, but I just don't think I can get on with these associations.

Lark,
I couldn't conceptually work with the traditional associations. It just wasn't happening artistically for me at all--trust me, I tried. Spring is a time of growth, of flowers, of new life, of things thawing out and water flowing. It made so much more sense conceptually for the deck for the cups to be in spring and the swords to be in fall. So I switched the two and they have worked out really well. I know it is different from the standard associations, but it really does work better the way I have it in this deck since there is a strong seasonal approach.

adriayna

adriayna said:
Just an update everyone! I heard from the printing company today that my decks are finished and that they are going to be shipping out tomorrow. They estimated delivery by this weekend! I'll need a few days to get myself organized, and then I'll let everyone know when they are ready to be purchased. Thank you everyone for your support throughout this long project!

Another update! I'm still waiting on the decks to arrive. The estimated date was, apparently, a bit off. So now FedEx is saying Thursday. I certainly hope so! I'll keep everyone updated! :)

karen0205

adriayna said:
Another update! I'm still waiting on the decks to arrive. The estimated date was, apparently, a bit off. So now FedEx is saying Thursday. I certainly hope so! I'll keep everyone updated! :)
will you have a link on your site to purchase the deck?

lark

adriayna said:
Lark,
I couldn't conceptually work with the traditional associations. It just wasn't happening artistically for me at all--trust me, I tried. Spring is a time of growth, of flowers, of new life, of things thawing out and water flowing. It made so much more sense conceptually for the deck for the cups to be in spring and the swords to be in fall. So I switched the two and they have worked out really well. I know it is different from the standard associations, but it really does work better the way I have it in this deck since there is a strong seasonal approach.
Thank you for explaining that...I'll sit with the images for a while and see how I feel..I love your art work, and I have a strong association with tree's...one of my best friends is a tree. :)

faunabay

adriayna said:
Lark,
I think this will work wonderfully for me. I totally agree with you adriayna. I've always seem Cups as more of a Spring element. Because of this I usually have just mostly ignored the seasonal associations. (shrug) Some of you will gasp I know!! LOL Maybe now I can actually use them with your deck, because it will make more sense to me! :)

Aerin

karen0205 said:
will you have a link on your site to purchase the deck?

I was going to ask the same thing - otherwise I will email.

Aerin x

SolSionnach

I'm very excited about this deck - I'm likely to be joining OBOD, perhaps in the winter - and your seasonal attribs look good to me! :)

emmsma

Never having worked with seasonal associations before, your associations seem right on for me.

Kissa

gorgeous, gorgeous artwork, unique and fresh concept. i really want to give this one a try!!!
(the 4 of swords made me smile, it is so well thought! as well as so many others cards, i love the fact that the pictures feel "natural", i mean not far fetched, not artificially designed so that a tree actually fits in every picture and with every meaning... sorry, not good neither at English nor at explaining things tonight!!!!)

i love the colors.

ok, this one is a must have, and i think i am going to go for the wooden box and the booklet as well.

oh, i'm so happy i found this one!!!! THANKS guys and thank you Dana for bringing this baby to our world :)

blessings,

K