TAROT OF DREAMS - New Standard Edition

Soothsayer

Some interesting points by Ciro in response to midniteeye's post. For what it's worth, I will be purchasing LotD (my first Ciro deck) but not this standard edition of Dreams. However, I have no doubt that this edition of Dreams will do at least as well as Ciro's other decks. Best of luck with it, Ciro; as long as you continue to produce tarot decks, your work will continue to sell. Tarot enthusiasts will cherish your products and their monetary value, whether high or low, will be insignificant compared to what they are worth in our hearts. That much is obvious to me.

gregory

midniteeye said:
2 questions:

1)if it comes out around the same time as legacy of the divine, wouldn't it hurt the marketability of legacy of the divine? not all people buy tarot decks without spending limitation like many of the posters here.
As it won't be in regular stores, I doubt it.

2)will the value of the original artist edition of tarot of dreams go up or down as result? i think down.
As a collector I truly don't care. I don't collect to make money - nor I think do most people. But the original is very different and has the DVD, so.... I rather doubt that too.

rhombchick

Oh Yay!!
Please add me to the pre-order list! At that price I am so there!!!!!!!!!!!
I was gutted when I realised the hungarian version would cost around $120 AU.... it's not something I can afford. This sounds much better to my wallet who is as we speak, flinging itself at my monitor.

Wingéd Mermaid

Yes yes YES!!! Thank you SO MUCH Ciro!
Of course I will also be purchasing your Legacy of Divine tarot when it comes out, but Tarot of Dreams is my dream deck and speaks to me more.

You just made my dream come true! Sign me up for pre-order!

Sinduction

Please let me know about pre-order! :D

I am so excited that you have decided to include the palace cards!!!

You have just made my day.

I'm going to now read the whole thread in regards to the cardstock.

Mellaenn

Good deal, Ciro. This is a beautiful deck (gee, folks, does my avatar give you a clue as to how much of a fan of this deck I am? - thanks again to the generous Ciro M for that as well)

I'm glad so many more people will get a chance to own one of these decks.

Disa

hey cool. I'd love to have one...or two...

Quester

:bugeyed: This is GREAT news!!! Please put me down for two!!

starlightexp

Best news in a while. I use the matt finish of the deck as my regular reading deck and just really connect with the art. I have the glossy for meditation and just adore it. Now I'll be able to get another deck to tote around with me. As much as I loved LotD the ToD to me is your best work and I don't care if the decks I have go up or down in value as long as the artwork is out there for more people to enjoy.

Just a side note on the value of the LE of the deck. Think of it this way. There are so many real small run decks today that only go up in value to those that know of them when they are out. I mean if Buffy Muffintin did a 15 copy run of a deck hand colored in bats blood that originally sold at one tarot convention to those that have a birthday on a tuesday in March then only a few people know about it and no one will ever USE it. It will sit like a Precious Moment figure on a shelf to be looked at. The decks that go up the most in value are the ones that had a regular run, that people could afford, and use that then went away but people still talk about the art. Think of the Buckland or Greenwood. Those are big buck decks that had a regular run. They are sought after not because they are LE but because they are GOOD decks that work. The LE of the ToD will become the heat's desire to those new people that fall in love with the new edition so there will still be value there. It will be like the large Thoth decks in a way.

bellathebrave123

this is just so exciting to see, thats two new Ciro decks for me this year too , wooohooo