De-Enabling Thread

Glitterbird

Carla - you shouldnt buy any more decks until you have learned all the ones you have bought this month :D!! Thats what I've been telling myself for 3 days now. So far it's worked! ;)

Carla

Glitterbird said:
Carla - you shouldnt buy any more decks until you have learned all the ones you have bought this month :D!! Thats what I've been telling myself for 3 days now. So far it's worked! ;)

Good one! That could take me well past October, because this month I bought, amongst others, Haindl, Pearls of Wisdom and Roots of Asia, and those alone could take a long time!!

Glitterbird

Help, I need talked out of the Victoria Regina that someone is selling over on trading. I CAN'T buy another deck. Please tell me its not worth it. I wont use it.

Vesper

Glitterbird said:
Help, I need talked out of the Victoria Regina that someone is selling over on trading. I wont use it.

Oh, really? It's on your wishlist...

But if you won't use it, it will just sit in your collection, making you feel guilty. Guilty about the space it's taking up, guilty about the money you spent, guilty about the other person who really wanted the deck and would have used it, if you hadn't bought it.

De-enabling specific to this deck? The court cards are so hard to tell apart. Victoria must have had about fifteen children, and they're represented here. Victoria herself shows up as a child, a young woman, an older woman, a slightly older woman, a very old woman...

The cards are large. The guns are kind of disturbing.

Aerin

You are from Kansas. It won't be relevant in any way shape or form. I am British and heck it's not relevant to me ;)

Also black and white.

The guns are disturbing I agree.

Glitterbird

Thank you for the killing the insane desire to buy that deck! As long as I don't look at it or think about again. I "might" be ok. :D

Rasa

All the cards are black and white.
"but that's part of it's charm!" you say.
Well... it isn't! it just gives it a dreary atmosphere, like a perpetual cloudy day. it makes the images look lifeless. All those old, flat, colorless pictures look like something older than it should be, long past its expiration date.. like stale bread, or a sad old bored lady who just wants to be put to rest.

Speaking of sad old ladies, each and every card in the deck has an unattractive image of the queen on the back of the card, surrounded by boring, blank, white. How many times do you want to look at this woman's image, set in a sea of nothingness?

Do you have a fear of clowns?
(come on, be honest-- who doesn't think they're at least a -little- bit creepy?)
The devil card will probably give you nightmares.

Do you like unibrows? No? That's what I thought.
Well, the sun is sporting one. I don't much care for it, and you probably won't either.

Should children carry guns? "No," you say, emphatically?
Then why are you in favor of that page of 'swords'? You are a hypocrite! By wanting this deck, you are in favor of giving firearms to CHILDREN! Ye Gods, what kind of person are you?!

Also, since the suits are guns, pocket watches, mason jars, and pens, all of your readings will go something like this:
"You should really keep an eye on the time while doing your jam-canning, lest you be shot by someone more punctual. Perhaps you should write yourself a note, so you don't forget (you could also write down the jam recipe)."
Is this really a useful reading??

I rest my case.

Emily

Also the backs being white are absolutely terrible in picking up any kind of dirt or smudges - its the only one of my decks that I have to inspect my hands before I could use it - which isn't very often because I don't like the guns instead of swords either.

AJ

It's overpriced by 1/2

Glitterbird

Oh Rasa your good! Thanks!

I came here in good faith and all you guys did not let me down. My wallet and I really appreciate it!