De-Enabling Thread

Mitzy

De-enable me from buying a Lenormand deck, please!! Any Lenormand deck. I can't really find one I like, but, dang, I want one!!
I don't need another system to be learning and I am supposed to be starting an in-depth of the Thoth in Sept. I am soooo good, I only have about 3 decks here in the US with me (Don't ask about what's in storage in Australia) and I am determined to keep it down in case we DO move back.
Tell me why I don't need a Lenormand, please!!

Vesper

Mitzy said:
I can't really find one I like, but, dang, I want one!!

WTF???

If you don't like them, why do you want one?

Make your own. Solves both problems, and will keep you out of trouble until September starts. You won't even want to shop when you're being creative on your DIY project.

Mitzy

I know.
I have found some I like, but they are all out of print.

Yeah, I should make my own. Or just use a regular deck. I have all the correspondences.

Vesper

Seriously, Mitzy, It's a ton of fun to make a deck! Use your regular deck, and collage some images, stickers, what have you, on it.

What you end up with will be full of personal meaning. Plus, you'll have the only one!

Mitzy

and, with the LeNormand it's only 36 cards so that sounds do-able. I might use some downloads of that Pixie Lenormand from over in the other thread.
I wanted cards with the regular suites AND the pictures anyway.

Shopping List
Glue stick
Glitter (on Nisaba's recommendation ;)
Patience

Vesper

And gold metallic! (nail polish works nicely, the kind with the thin line brush - looks like an eyeliner brush.)

Mojo Twin 2

If you want to use Lenormand like a Tarot deck you will have challenges. The images are very hard and fast. If you want to use the traditional Mme Lenormand interpretations you are boxed into the "in one week you will meet a tall man who will kick you in the shin" kind of readings. I think the decks are pretty but as a reader I just can't use 'em.

Chronata

One of the most frustrating things I have discovered about the booklets that come with the Lenormand (and especially the decks that have the meanings written on the cards in bad poetry)

Is that every card has a terrible dire doomy meaning...

Unless THAT card is near a GOOD card...in which case it has a happy lucky meaning...

But wait...how does that work, exactly?

alesia

I need to stop looking at my Amazon wishlist. Willpower demands I place no discretionary order til January; but it is so far away! And what with hundreds of dollars of expensive textbook-y paper bricks that I need to get anyway, it seems no harm to add a deck or two for consolation. For some reason I am content to leave the Thoth til January (thank goodness) but the Dark Angels and Hermetic decks are calling my name rather insistently.

Help!

gregory

WELL - the Hermetic is just full. Overstuffed. Like when you have too many socks and you try and take one out the drawer and it won't ever close again till you throw away some socks. You WANT to throw away some decks in aid of this ? Thought not. There is just too much on every card. And it's all too small. How is your eyesight ? Do you have a LARGE magnifying glass ?

Also it has that very slick US Games lamination - if you are looking at Amazon you can't be looking at the old style one. Not that that is any less STUFFED.

And how much Kabbalah do you know ? How much ANYTHING ? How much time do you have to learn new stuff these days ?

It's only calling your name because it knows a sucker when it sees one. It wants to be bought. That doesn't mean you have to buy it. It's probably been there for ages. That should tell you something., If no-one else has bought it - why you, I ask ?

And - well, black and white. BORING.