It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #3

GryffinSong

Flaxen said:
OK, I'm finding myself seriously considering these decks. I've put them both in my shopping cart and taken them out again about 3 times this week! The Paulina has been in and out of my shopping cart more times than I care to remember, always being replaced at the last minute by something else.

I've already got plenty of decks I want to spend quality time with, plus 2 coming for Christmas.

Can you convince me that I need these two?

I did the same thing with Paulina. Over and over again she went into and then out of my shopping cart. I finally let her stay and how I adore her!!! The art is whimsical and makes me think, alternately, of Dr. Suess, Tim Burton, and I don't know who. It is, as several of us have said, a deck we don't know why we love, but we do. It reads easily and deeply. The artwork is charmingly different, and there are all kinds of oddities that sets it apart from any other deck I've ever seen.

I don't think you could regret having this deck. :)

Le Fanu

Flaxen said:
OK, I'm finding myself seriously considering these decks. I've put them both in my shopping cart and taken them out again about 3 times this week! The Paulina has been in and out of my shopping cart more times than I care to remember, always being replaced at the last minute by something else.

I've already got plenty of decks I want to spend quality time with, plus 2 coming for Christmas.

Can you convince me that I need these two?
Take it one at a time; Paulina this week and Dark Angels next week. Both essential, but appease the guilt by buying from the Book Depository seperately.

I genuinely heartfeltedly urge you to buy the Paulina. This deck is superb. I have said this again and again and again. I'm not the fairy type but this deck utterly enchants me. The spooky murky forest, what spirits lurk in the brambles and undergrowth? There is so much to discover, so much to lose yourself in. Plus last time I looked it was only about 11 euros at the BD. For me it isn't Dr Seuss, nor is it Tim Burton, it is nostalgic childhood fairy tale illustrations that I can lose myself in.

It has a timelessness which I adore and I don't know why it is a favourite, but it is.

I'l leave the Dark Angels to someone else. I love it (LWB by Lillie, but you know that already) but the Paulina has such a special place in my bedside "reach for" tarot pile...

Pam O

daphne said:
Sun and Moon Tarot.

Just found out about this one, never paid attention to it before.
The images look intriguing, a little contemplative-like. What good thinks are to tell about this deck?
I just got this and it's wonderful! Great messages so far. The 8 of wands was incredibly enlightening, and different from any other 8W that I've seen. It's also very economical thru Amazon...

AND if you follow the link "Buy Yours From" at Aeclectic here, Solandia and her fabulous team that makes this fabulous site possible gets a commission!
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sun-moon/

ETA: this is the deck I was carrying with me and pondering while out and about today... :D

GryffinSong

Sun and Moon

I simply ADORE my Sun and Moon Tarot!!! Several of the cards have given me new insights into their messages, including Justice, which I usually don't care for. This Justice is awesome. I also love the Sun card, which is often problematic for me, because I don't like fat naked babies on horses. Its one of my very, very favorite decks these days!!!

Pam O

laura_borealis said:
I've never asked to be enabled. I guess I've never needed to be. My grabby little hands just snatched whatever decks I wanted anyway.

But now I need enabled... on the Liber T. I've always liked it but when someone praised it recently in another thread, I took a closer look. And I think... I think I need this deck. There is just something about it.

Question -- is there really sex with animals in it? One of the Amazon reviews says so. I'm not saying that's a deal breaker, unless it looks like animal abuse or rape. That WOULD be a deal breaker. But I've never seen rape in tarot (though I avoid "erotic" decks partly for that reason). Anyway I've been looking through the deck on one of those sites that show all of the cards (I think we are not supposed to link those?) and I haven't seen any bestiality, or even anything creepy yet.

*looks at a few more cards on that un-named site, and dithers* Do I need it? I'm sure I'd use it... but maybe I just have a crush on it right now and crushes do tend to go away... enable me, O Aeclectics! :p
elvenstar said:
About the Liber T. I have found it a bit creepy at times, but in a good way. It's just one of those decks that oozes atmosphere. It's pretty, it's weird, it's colourful, it's deep, it's creepy, it's funny and it has attitude. Also, it's stuffed so full of symbolism, that it's coming out of its ears. It's the gift that keeps on giving :D So yeah, I have no compunction to shamelessly assist you in enabling yourself. Even if your crush goes away, there's a good chance it will come back later.

About the animal sex thing, it's the 10 of cups. Check it out on 'that website' and decide for yourself. I think there was some discussion in an older thread here about the symbolism of that.
You know, I do have the deck because ATer Onyx had it at Reader's Studio '10, but I am still challenged with that 10 of cups...and I think that was one of the cards that were pulled in the reading from Onyx... Oh, how do we find out about the "un-named" sites? :) I guess that can't be posted anywhere here?... And interestingly, I was just looking for where I put my Liber-T and my Thoth...they seem to be in hiding right now...

Laura Borealis

elvenstar said:
About the animal sex thing, it's the 10 of cups. Check it out on 'that website' and decide for yourself. I think there was some discussion in an older thread here about the symbolism of that.
Thanks! Yeah, I found it a bit after I posted. It doesn't bother me. Though I'm scratching my head as to what is going on, symbolically. Maybe some god disguised as a burro...? Gods do that kind of thing in mythology, so that's the first theory that comes to mind. The Amazon reviewer got it wrong; they said it was a bull, which clearly it's not. They also said there are some other "unusual" sex scenes, which I don't get (I don't think same-sex pairings are unusual!)

Flaxen

Successfully enabled on the Paulina. :)

Dark Angel enablers are very quiet so that will wait a while.

Pam O

Liber T vs Liber-T search on Amazon.com

laura_borealis said:
...Liber T...Also, I freely admit, any time I see a deck offered by an Amazon seller for almost 250 bucks, and then find it on Tarot Garden for the normal price, something in me goes "YEAH BARGAIN" even if I know it's really the Amazon seller trying to sucker someone into thinking it's really rare.

ETA: Amazon's so weird... earlier the $240 price was the only one that came up in the search (seems to say it's a book? I think not) but now several much cheaper used ones are showing too. I don't trust their search engine anymore! :p
I figured out what's going on with your search on Amazon. "Liber-T" vs "Liber T". The search with the dash in the name is the one with the ridiculous price.

Maybe post a comment on Amazon to direct people to search w/o the - (dash) so they don't get ripped off by this person...What do you think?

Laura Borealis

Pam O said:
I figured out what's going on with your search on Amazon. "Liber-T" vs "Liber T". The search with the dash in the name is the one with the ridiculous price.

Maybe post a comment on Amazon to direct people to search w/o the - (dash) so they don't get ripped off by this person...What do you think?

Hmm, I didn't put a dash in. I think their search engine is just squirrelly sometimes. But that's a good idea!

Still dithering over the Liber T... I have the Dover Book of Many Decks on order (from B&N rather than Amazon) and am kind of holding off so as to not overload on decks all at once :)