It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #3

Maxamillion

euripides said:
I'm having a few pangs of buyer's remorse - what will DH say to me buying a deck when I'm supposed to be decluttering? ....

Yes, but Tarot decks are small and don't take up much space. ;D

Yasmin

Londubh said:
I like that it is not a pretty deck. Sometimes pretty images can get in the way, you stop and admire the surface without ever digging deeper.

That's a really great way to describe it! One thing about the aging process is that it becomes more and more brutally honest as it progresses. The question is, do I want to be smacked in the head any harder??

To Nisaba...I "meant" to say that "I" was embarking on my crone years. You, however, are in the prime of your youth. I hope I didn't cause undue stress or anxiety! :D

nisaba

Yasmin said:
To Nisaba...I "meant" to say that "I" was embarking on my crone years. You, however, are in the prime of your youth.
<grin> Oh, b*gger. And there was me thinkin' I'd got all that nasty youth-stuff safely out of the way.

Unless, of course, you mean the kind of "youth" where I still have a few grey hairs clinging desperately to my head.

Oh, and how different is the Crone to the Shining Tribe, in symbolism and outlook? (The more different the better, I'm thinking).

HighPriestess

Could someone enable me for the Dark Angels deck? The Magician card is doing a good job of turning me off this deck. (It's so PINK, gah!) I love many of the other cards in this deck (High Priestess, the Moon, Ten of Wands). Tell me my love for these cards eclipses my hatred for the Magician!

cardlady22

On a whim, I took a quick flip through to see which cards have tones/hues that are in that pink/purple range:

Magician, Death, Temperance, Devil, World, 8 of Cups, King of Pents, 3 of Swords, Page of Swords

Seen along with a spread of other cards, it really softens that jarring effect.

ETA: It makes me think about Light- the magician is playing with it, or trying to. Is it enough to dazzle me and make me believe, or do I see that it is not all it appears?

Londubh

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Crone tarot. It's been on my wish list forever, autumn and winter coming, I have a bad tarot habit...

HighPriestess

cardlady22 said:
On a whim, I took a quick flip through to see which cards have tones/hues that are in that pink/purple range:

Magician, Death, Temperance, Devil, World, 8 of Cups, King of Pents, 3 of Swords, Page of Swords

Seen along with a spread of other cards, it really softens that jarring effect.

ETA: It makes me think about Light- the magician is playing with it, or trying to. Is it enough to dazzle me and make me believe, or do I see that it is not all it appears?

I find it kind of funny that those other cards don't bother me the way the Magician does. I like the Three of Swords and the King of Pentacles in particular.

You know what? I think I'm going to take a chance and order the deck. It just looks so (melo)dramatic with a tiny bit of creepiness thrown in. It reminds me of a fairy figurine I have in my room, surprisingly. I kind of wonder if it will fight with my Tarot of Vampyres for supremacy, though.

faunabay

nisaba said:
Oh, and how different is the Crone to the Shining Tribe, in symbolism and outlook? (The more different the better, I'm thinking).
They are completely different in outlook. The Shining Tribe is more natural world, nature oriented where the Crone is more natural sh*t kickin', smack you upside the head oriented. LOL

Truely they both have a similar (not the same but similar) style of art, but the outlook is completely different.....has a completely different direction.

I'm moving into my crone years :p and love having my very own Crone deck! I will say I tend to need the book with this deck though. If I didn't have the book I wouldn't get nearly as much information as I do! Of course just my take on it. Alot of people can read it straight out of the book completely intuitively! (shrug)

I love my Crone deck! I think you all need your very own Crone deck too!!! })

nisaba

faunabay said:
I love my Crone deck! I think you all need your very own Crone deck too!!! })
You're dangerously good at this enabling business.

Vanny

I think that I really want the Legacy of the Divine and the Druidcraft Tarot. I was actually at Borders today, had the Legacy of the Divine tarot in my hand and then put it back. I had promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore decks after I bought my last one which was the Gilded. And I absolutely love the Gilded. If I bought another deck I would feel like I was abandoning the Gilded which has been very good to me these last few weeks.

Also, I am swamped with school work due to my masters program so I don't even think I would have the time to devote to these new decks. But I really really want them!

What do you guys think?