Tarot of Pagan Cats

Emily

Thanks, Emily and gregory. :)The first is listed as being at $18.59 and the second at $20.62. The second is the one that is the "mixed media product" (though tarot I suppose is a mixed media product) but the differences between the two are not defined.

Then there is a third Tarot of Pagan Cats on BD, but that one is the mini. :)

The prices do vary on Amazon too and I remember going for the cheaper one because all LoScarabeo card stock and outer boxes are always the same quality. So I went for the cheaper one which at the time was the LL edition. I have my deck sitting with me now, its a lovely deck to get to work with. :)

dawntarot

I absolutely *adore* this deck!! I got it last week and I can read it far, far more easily and in more depth than the original RWS. I couldn't figure out why this was - until I read the review for it on AT. It's because almost *all* the Christian imagery has been taken out. I had a strict Christian upbringing and I always felt a nasty jolt suddenly being confronted with, say, the original Judgement card which is obviously taken straight out of Revelation. That's why I can read this deck so much more easily (I now consider myself pagan) and that, I think, is why it's called the tarot of Pagan Cats. There is so, so much subtle imagery in these cards. I love working with them and I'd be hard pushed to even *want* to read with another deck! :D

SweetIsTheTruth

And cats are supremely godless.

You've obviously never actually been owned by a cat. Cats are actually Laveyan Satanists, believing there is no god but them and we humans have evolved merely to serve their needs. They really do make Jehovah of the OT look like a rank amateur.

But to get back on topic, is the Magician Kitty one who goes outside, because he wouldn't dream of using a litterbox in his abode?

WolfSpirit

I love the Pagan Cats.
In May, the deck rightly predicted the death of my cat Wouter. I drew the Death card in the morning, and in the evening the vet called Wouter had become too ill to be saved.
I have not used the deck since then, but I hope to use it again when it does not give me the shivers anymore.

FaintlyMacabre

Perhaps I need to try with this again. I haven't had much luck with it. Maybe it could predict what that little shite of a Dandelion might do next.

Diana

Emily

I'm still really fond of this deck and I also ended up buying the mini version too. I still think that it is one of the best cat decks out there.