Tarot Illuminati

magpie9

I adore this deck and hope it will be out soon!

janie144

I am undecided on this one, I keep going back to look at it but I can't figure out if I love it or hate it :p

MoonGypsy

i have totally changed my mind and think it is brilliant...

i have one on the way...:love:

Winterchild

Change of Heart

I want it because of the cathedral roof details.... on that stunning title card.. I wasn't keen at first... but I have developed a new appreciation for RW style since receiving my first ever copy of the RWS!!

willowfox

Some cards are brilliant but many are not. As soon as I saw the Devil I disliked it, it just seems wrong, and some of those Japanese figures seem out of place as well.

greatdane

This was on my wish list when I saw some fuzzy scans. Once I saw more detailed scans, it was off my list. Not because it isn't a very pretty deck, but because I just don't resonate with real faces on images, it just looked like a staged photo shoot to me. It just doesn't work for me, but I can so see this being a big seller, it is stunning and I am sad I will be passing on it. It did remind me of Ciro's work, not like it's a copy cat, it isn't, it's unique, but there is something about it that reminds me of his decks. Perhaps the sumptuousness. Which is a compliment to them both. Too bad I can't get into the Illiminati, GREAT Death card!

Richard

I think Ciro's art is light-years ahead of that of the Illuminati, which seems to me to be imagery overkill. It looks impressive at first, but I wouldn't want to live in the same house with it. No offense intended to its creator(s). It just ain't my type. (I am fascinated with the history of the Bavarian Illuminati, however.)

greatdane

I agree, LRichard. I don't think it's that they're so alike, but I do see the kind of opulence thing in play, which I am not saying is a negative. I think that is both the reason I think they're beautiful, but also the reason it's just too much visually for me as a reader. I so wanted to love this deck, but the people feel like staged props to me. But I sure like the Death card :).

Tarot dance

I love the imagery and the colors seem so bold...love it....I just pre-ordered the deck from Amazon......

Eeviee

I'm loving the looks of this! Wondering if there is more behind the title as are others...
While it is digital collage, it seems to be made in such a fashion where the digital is not meant to be placed very well blended with the surrounding scenes. Every aspect of these cards just seem to POP! right out at you.
As for the negative, a lot of the hands seem to be a bit large-scale in comparison to the faces, etc. Also, the HPSS's B on the left Pillar is not centered!
Definite purchase-worthy for me! Time will tell if I will be able to read with it.