Tarot Illuminati

starlightexp

There's aready a title on each card, on the narrow black border. I assumed when people talked about a border they meant IN ADDITION to that narrow black border. Like when a deck has white all around everything. In my opinion, the black that's there should stay there. Those titles are nicely done.

I was referring to if there was no border at all how they would work the titles... maybe as a little plaque with the title.

gregory

I was referring to if there was no border at all how they would work the titles... maybe as a little plaque with the title.

Which would take away from the images. :( Narrow black, please Ric :D

nicky

Maybe the twist is that it will come with 3D glasses and there will be even more layers of bling than anyone could ever have hoped for. :D

roflmao

It already has more bling than anyone could hope for

Ashtaroot

Silver or gold edging..I am happy with both..I think it gives the deck a little more ;)
Big but not too big to shuffle please..I really want to be able to use it :) some of us have small hands.
For example Robert s Place Vampyre deck..love it.. too big..need to guillotine the edges
Robert Place new Alchemichal ..perfect
I mean it can be in between..

:heart:

Zephyros

This deck is rather nice, it tickles my fashion bone, I'd get it if only for the gorgeous clothes and brocades that the people are dressed in. It's not often you see a complete deck with that level of attention to detail.

I might add as a disclaimer, though, that I'm biased, I think fashion has deteriorated, and that capes and brocades and robes and puffy collars should come back in fashion (especially capes), but that's just me :)

GryffinSong

You know, the more I look at this deck the more I love it. And I liked it very much when I first saw it. As to the comment that it's too much the RWS-style deck, that's a part of why I like it. I learned on RWS-based decks, but at this point there are very few that appeal to me. I'm tired of my Morgan Greer, my Aquarian, my RWS, and especially my Hanson Roberts (which I traded away). This deck gives me a new take on that imagery. A brilliant, bold, sumptious take on the RWS style that completely makes me smile, and encourages me to sink into each card and luxuriate in the beauty.

There are a few very small comments I'd make on a few cards (which I'll write up when I have more time to think), but the vast majority of the cards are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I keep going back to the facebook page to enjoy them. I cannot wait to have this, and hope the production does it justice.

ETA: I agree about the clothing. Oh. My. Gosh. STUNNING!!! I'm a fiber artist, and I just drool over those stunning fabrics and the sweeping lines!!!

vestalshaman

I like this deck very much, but would not purchase it if it were to be printed in the usual LoS small card format with borders featuring titles in 6 languages. They drive me nuts, but trimming them makes the cards too small for me to use. So large cards, and no 6-language titles, please.

nicky

I am curious if the intent is not to make the people look real as in Ciro's CGI decks...

editing to clarify:

Nobody would think Pixie's people look realistic - and I do not think they have to be when someone is making a deck - I was curious as so many pick through decks for symbols - If iI was using this deck I may notice the hands and think grasping or offering etc etc...

Sulis

Moderator note

The Tarot Decks forum is meant as a place where people can give their opinions on various tarot decks but not somewhere where suggestions about it's creation take place - that would be Tarot Deck Creation.

Some posts more suited to the Tarot Deck Creation forum (discussing the creation process of the deck) have been split from this thread into a thread of their own.
The thread discussing the production of this deck are now in Tarot Deck Creation HERE (click)

When something is put out there for sale, be that book, artwork or tarot deck and is offered up for discussion here some people will love it, some will hate it and there will be all shades of opinion between - as long as no-one is rude and everyone watches their netiquette, opinion and discussion are encouraged here on ATF and people should not feel as if they cannot say that they do not like a deck, for whatever reason - they're entitled to their opinion, just as those who love a deck are entitled to theirs.

If you find a post offensive in this forum please use the post report button (the red and white triangle icon) and the moderating team will look into it.

Thank you :).

Sulis - Tarot Decks co-moderator