Sacred India Tarot

gregory

I got a confirmation from BookVistas.

MoonGypsy

I got a confirmation from BookVistas.

Good for you, gregory! :thumbsup:

i have also received my order confirmation from Yogi Impressions, and they are dispatching my set today! :D

Dryope

Wow, this deck looks really nice!
I used to be into hinduism (I never practiced it, I was just interested in the story's and myths in an intellectual way) and I love the artwork on religious hindu icons and the symbolism in the pictures, so I would love to see this deck in real life.
Maybe I can ask someone to bring me a copy from India :D

avalonian

I've also ordered this but my timing was atrocious as my boyfriend came back from India yesterday and if I'd spotted the thread earlier I could asked him to bring one back for me!

:) :) :)

Parzival

Ordered through Abe Books and Book Vistas -- too good to miss this one. For a birthday gift. Guess who.

WyrdRaven

I am thoroughly smitten! It IS 78 cards, not 22, yes? Simply gorgeous.

MoonGypsy

I am thoroughly smitten! It IS 78 cards, not 22, yes? Simply gorgeous.

Yes, this one is 78 cards! The Sacred >INDIAN <Tarot by Kiren Rai is the Majors only deck. i have both of them on the way!

The Sacred India Tarot is the full 78 by Rohit Arya.:love:

Dryope

I don't know if this deck comes with an instruction book in English (edit: I see that it does now), but even if it does, this book might help explain a little more about the imagery and the meaning behind the hindu symbolism: The Book of Hindu Imagery: The Gods and Their Symbols
I own this book myself and thought it may come in handy when using this deck.

MoonGypsy

I don't know if this deck comes with an instruction book in English (edit: I see that it does now), but even if it does, this book might help explain a little more about the imagery and the meaning behind the hindu symbolism: The Book of Hindu Imagery: The Gods and Their Symbols
I own this book myself and thought it may come in handy when using this deck.

i have that book also, and it is Okay...
The English companion book that comes with the Sacred India Tarot is 350 pages, so hopefully it will cover a lot for folks who have little experience with East Indian Mythology.

gregory

Yes, this one is 78 cards! The Sacred >INDIAN <Tarot by Kiren Rai is the Majors only deck. i have both of them on the way!

Is Rai's a deck or a book ? I can only find it in book form...