Sacred India Tarot

MoonGypsy

Is Rai's a deck or a book ? I can only find it in book form...

i am pretty sure it is a 102 page book plus 22 Tarot Cards. Here is what the description says:

"Contains 22 cards. A beautiful, hand-drawn deck of Indian tarot cards, The Sacred Indian Tarot combines the classicism of the Tarot with the aesthetic richness of Indian mythology. The book contains twenty-two (Major Arcanas) unique hand-painted cards with images taken from a rich pantheon of Indian mythology. The cards of the Tarot consist of potent archetypes rooted in Medieval and Renaissance Europe. The symbols, forms and figures used to represent these archetypes have been taken from Indian epics and scriptures, and are rooted in the tenets of Hindu cosmic principles giving it a truly unique Indian perspective. The Sacred Indian Tarot deck is truly a collector's item which can be used to gain a refreshing insight into love and relationships, finances, career planning and much more. The book breaks new ground in Tarot divination making it a wonderful tool for the quest of the self."

i haven't received mine yet, but it is on the way...so we will know before too much longer...The description is a little confusing, i know...
It certainly was cheap enough, though!

gregory

OK, she said, bravely ordering.... It really isn't very clear....

MoonGypsy

OK, she said, bravely ordering.... It really isn't very clear....

i know it is a bit confusing; but i just googled around, and everywhere i see it listed says, "22 beautiful hand drawn tarot cards plus a 102 page book", so i am hopeful...

And since we are on the subject and hoping it isn't too OT, "The Tantra Tarot" by Dirk Gillabel is another lovely Majors Only deck with East Indian Images.[although this one is a collage deck, so i am not quite as fond of it, but it still is quite lovely]

Here:

http://www.soul-guidance.com/tarotdecks/tantratarot.htm

gregory

I love his stuff.

And that was what I got with google too. Let's hope...

MoonGypsy

i received my gorgeous Sacred India tarot set today [shipped from Yogi Impressions in India]; but unfortunately, Customs totally destroyed the beautiful outer box--slashing it to pieces. i cried when i saw what they did...

Fortunately, the deck and book were unharmed, thanks be to the Gods! i am a bit broken hearted about the very beautiful Babaji Altar Box, though, as i was really looking forward to using it along with the deck.

i realize it was not Yogi Impressions fault, but the heartless customs person...
Yet, i am still hoping to get a replacement for my destroyed outer box.

The good news is:

This beautiful deck has even surpassed my hopeful expectations. It has instantly become one of my top favorite decks. The card stock is matte and very high quality. The backs are a golden yellow with a Sri Yantra,:love:

The book looks great, too, but i haven't gotten a chance to start reading it yet...

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

Patrick Booker

Sorry to hear that, Moon Gypsy. I would be livid.

I am always nervous about Customs. They stopped my Alchemical Tarot Renewed from US to UK (Tarot Connection), although they didn't damage anything. Just an extra charge of about £10. They have never touched anything from US book retailers, and I have used AbeBooks/BooksVistas. Hoping for the best.

Patrick

MoonGypsy

Sorry to hear that, Moon Gypsy. I would be livid.

I am always nervous about Customs. They stopped my Alchemical Tarot Renewed from US to UK (Tarot Connection), although they didn't damage anything. Just an extra charge of about £10. They have never touched anything from US book retailers, and I have used AbeBooks/BooksVistas. Hoping for the best.

Patrick

Oh dear, now i also have found light creases in 3 of the cards...

i LOVE this set so much, too...

gregory

Oh bleep..... :(

Patrick Booker

Oh dear, now i also have found light creases in 3 of the cards...

i LOVE this set so much, too...

Do you think that Customs damaged them, or that they were like that when sent?

Patrick

GoldenWolf

Sorry to hear about the damage to your set, MoonGypsy! I would contact Yogi Impressions and see if they can send replacement cards at least if not the box/altar. Usually publishers will replace damaged or missing cards. Did you have any insurance on it? Can complaints be made regarding rough handling be Customs personnel? Take pictures of all the damage too.

I think I will wait to see what condition other folks get their decks in before I order.