Pros and Cons Thread Enabling+De-enabling

Le Fanu

I feel a bit nervous because I'm actually going to disagree with Le Fanu :bugeyed:, but I wouldn't say this deck is totally RWS at all. It's actually based on the Golden Dawn meanings and although the RWS is too, there are differences. To me, the minors in this deck are more Thothy, in that if you know the Thoth keywords then the images make perfect sense. If you are trying to compare them to the RWS you can be left shaking your head. Cards like the 8 and 10 of Cups, 4 and 6 or Swords and 4 and 8 of Pentacles are good examples.

Not sure how relevant this is....I guess if you like your decks to be totally RWS then it's a con, if not, a pro. :) Great deck though, despite its shortcomings.
Gosh really? I obviously haven't looked very closely. Listen to sapienza, Carla. She knows this deck well. I'd never picked that up from this deck. Must go and have another look, but to be honest, it' isn't a deck I can profess to know deeply. I have it and like the artwork but I'm sitting here trying to think of Thothy touches to the cards from memory! But when it comes to what is strictly RWS, what is GD and what is Thoth, my thinking kind of blurs a little...

Carla

Cosmic Tarot

I have a message up on Tarot Trading looking for Cosmic, but I am sorely tempted to just go on and order one. *biting lip* I really like it.

ETA. Too late. I've done it. I've ordered it. Cool!

Morwenna

Cosmic Tarot

It's on my wish list, off and on, and I think it really ought to stay On, till I get up the moxie to actually buy it. I know where I can buy it in person.

Celeb faces aren't a deal breaker for me, because a) I have a hard time recognizing faces anyway, and b) a lot of decks have faces that look to me like friends of mine! I think the faces on the Cosmic are wonderfully expressive, whether they're modeled on famous people or not. Most art is modeled on somebody, just not always on people that the general public would know. And if the faces are out of context (i.e. if a TV actor were costumed in something his usual character doesn't wear) I just might miss them altogether. And, of course, I rarely watch TV or attend any newer movies other than animation anyway! :D

(P.S. Two of the queens, composited, would look just like my mother in her youth!)

VampTarot23

morgan greer

Thanks Carla for your help !

Sword King

<gulp> Elf of Heaven?

Okay, I shouldn't be drawn to this brightly colored anime deck, but you can't always helped what you're attracted to, right?

Can anyone shed some light on their Elf of Heaven experiences?

rylla

It looked more interesting when I was just checking out some cards on computer. Now that I have the cards, in reality they seem pretty lame to me.

vee

UFO Tarot?

Anyone have LS's UFO Tarot or have an opinion on it? I was thinking of picking it up for my husband (he's really into UFOs), but I'm worried that it's a mediocre theme deck.

DaisyDragonfly

Glastonbury Tarot?

Is it worth paying OOP prices for it?

Carla

It looked more interesting when I was just checking out some cards on computer. Now that I have the cards, in reality they seem pretty lame to me.

Which deck is this?

Sulis

Glastonbury

Glastonbury Tarot?

Is it worth paying OOP prices for it?

I've had it for years and use it for spellwork and magic because of the colour symbolism, the simple imagery and the positive keywords.
The positive keywords make it a less than perfect reading deck for me but for spellwork it's really good.
The really crap thing about this deck is the cardstock; it's horrible.. It's sort of sticky and the stickiness doesn't wear off (well it hasn't on my deck and I've had it over 10 years).