Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Pam O

Chimera, I used the Ceccoli Tarot last month and really clicked with it. My first impression was that it had a similar energy to the Deviant Moon, but much softer and dreamier.

That is really interesting about your impressions of Ceccoli Tarot "similar energy to the Deviant Moon"! It goes to show how individual Tarot adventures can vary so much. My Deviant Moon still sits on the shelf because I still have not bonded. (I actually have bought the Deviant Moon 3 times, and traded it twice. I keep wanting to like it... :))

On the other hand, my Ceccoli is on my side table getting daily attention right now...

Pam O

I have it

The cards are on the small side, the pictures even smaller as it is one those art styles that is supposed to include the frame which does take an inordinate amount of space

The cardstock of fournier is like the kind most commonly used by scarabeo, thin and easy to shuffle but you dont expect to last like a family heirloom

I like the pips actually. This deck is very much a continuation of the European trads based on TDM

The little occultic sybols worked in to the cards are not consistent with GD material, I think they may derive from Papus

Nudity is the sort of thing I brush off, compared to Royo's other work including the Dark Tarot it can be described as subdued. OTOH Royo is normally rather OTT

I have a good rapport with mine, it's the only contemporary deck I use

What deck is this about?

Pam O

It's super cute, but I don't like the fact that the pips apparently incorporate RWS meanings. Does anybody use this deck? Do you find it an issue?

Cat Marseille
I got it as part of a trade deal. I thought it was cute at first. And it seemed clever to incorporate TdM with RWS. Now that I have been reading some of the big TdM authors, some of my favorite guidance is to ask 2 questions:
What is happening? How does it feel?

Now I look at the Cat Marseille and it feels pushed into the RWS. I know the RWS images by heart. I actually started exploring the TdM because I am tired of the RWS negatively illustrated views of the 5s, etc. I want to explore the dynamics of the 5s, which includes 'change', etc.

I have not used it yet. I do still want to try it. Maybe I will see whole new angles using: "What is happening? How does it feel?"

Anyone else have the Cat Marseille? Anyone read with it? Any TdM Newbies?What about strong TdM readers? Does this deck have an aversion, or an appeal?

ETA: I see AT info on this deck does not show the PIPs. Here is Lo Scarebo's listing with a couple included.
http://www.loscarabeo.com/lang-en/tarocchi-culturali/624-marseille-cat-tarot.html

mah jong

I'm still on the fence about the Deck of the Dead borders but please accept my belated thanks, Dark Victory '39, for your enabling. I'm sooooo tempted.

Pam O

I'm still on the fence about the Deck of the Dead borders but please accept my belated thanks, Dark Victory '39, for your enabling. I'm sooooo tempted.

I say go for the large. My eyes are not what they used to be, so I want to let my Tarot sized Dec of the Dead go to someone who does not ever need reading glasses.....

mah jong

My aging eyes is one of the reasons why I'm tempted by the large Deck of the Dead, but I'm not so far gone that I need an intensely colorful deck. I also semi-regularly read for a friend who has vision difficulties.

cardwitch

Cat Marseille
I got it as part of a trade deal. I thought it was cute at first. And it seemed clever to incorporate TdM with RWS. Now that I have been reading some of the big TdM authors, some of my favorite guidance is to ask 2 questions:
What is happening? How does it feel?

Now I look at the Cat Marseille and it feels pushed into the RWS. I know the RWS images by heart. I actually started exploring the TdM because I am tired of the RWS negatively illustrated views of the 5s, etc. I want to explore the dynamics of the 5s, which includes 'change', etc.

I have not used it yet. I do still want to try it. Maybe I will see whole new angles using: "What is happening? How does it feel?"

Anyone else have the Cat Marseille? Anyone read with it? Any TdM Newbies?What about strong TdM readers? Does this deck have an aversion, or an appeal?

ETA: I see AT info on this deck does not show the PIPs. Here is Lo Scarebo's listing with a couple included.
http://www.loscarabeo.com/lang-en/tarocchi-culturali/624-marseille-cat-tarot.html

Thanks, Pam O. I'm still on the fence about this one. A friend on Tumblr recently got this deck, so I'll see how she likes it. My feeling right now is that someday I might pick this deck up just for fun, but I have no urgent need for it right now. Thanks again!

Pam O

My aging eyes is one of the reasons why I'm tempted by the large Deck of the Dead, but I'm not so far gone that I need an intensely colorful deck. I also semi-regularly read for a friend who has vision difficulties.

That is me too. I occasionally put on reading glasses in the morning, when my vision is more fuzzy.I just can't see close up like I used to. The sepia tones seems to blend together with my deteriorated vision, darn it. As a result of this more challenged vision situation, I personally want to trade out my Tarot size so I can buy the Large size...

Pam O

Thanks, Pam O. I'm still on the fence about this one. A friend on Tumblr recently got this deck, so I'll see how she likes it. My feeling right now is that someday I might pick this deck up just for fun, but I have no urgent need for it right now. Thanks again!

Did you see the recent review on Marseille Cat Tarot? I just noticed it. This review is inspiring me to go try a reading with these cards... :)
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/marseille-cat-tarot/review.shtml

Tippyjane

Mary-El

I have put the Mary-El in my cart and taken it out so many times it's ridiculous. I love the artwork but that Hierophant...

Yea or Nay?