Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

AJ

fairy lights

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fairy-lights/

Considering the beauty of the cards, I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen it mentioned more. Does anyone use it and have any opinions of it?
You could say that of 1000 decks that have come and gone really.

This and the Yoga deck are the only two decks I've owned that I've never read with. Both are in the pile with the others I have up on Amazon.

I loved her Secret Forest, think the whole double sided thing is really special
I checked her blog at least once a month to see progress on the fairy lights
Ooo'ed over the cards presented.
Was totally impressed with the low-volume type borders and titles.
Pre ordered it, waited impatiently.
Auh. What the? There is very little tarot in this deck, and in retrospect I wonder who has what on who, that it got picked up and published.

BodhiSeed

Fairy Lights

Auh. What the? There is very little tarot in this deck, and in retrospect I wonder who has what on who, that it got picked up and published.

This was the same experience I had with this deck; I didn't try to sell or trade it, I just gave it away.

Nemia

New Vision Tarot?

What can you tell me about it? I like the idea, the deck looks like an intriguing addition to the RWS. What are your experiences with it?

magpie9

New Visions

I got one when it first came out...such a great idea. But. All the kings are a dead loss, just the backs of the thrones, really. To me, and maybe I'm being too critical, it really doesn't do much new or interesting. Kind of a gimmick. Turns out the people on the RWS cards rally don't have that much interesting or spiritual or even engaging to look at.
In order to make it work for me, I got a tiny RWS deck and pasted the front side of each card on the new visions...which improved it some, but not enough. I keep meaning to trade it away.
Great idea, but somehow it just didn't work for me.

GlitterNova

You could say that of 1000 decks that have come and gone really.

This and the Yoga deck are the only two decks I've owned that I've never read with. Both are in the pile with the others I have up on Amazon.

Thanks for the info, although it's sad to hear. Is the LWB just the generic meanings, or does it provide any insight into the cards?

Debra

New Vision

I thought it was pretty clever. It had never occurred to me to see things from "behind." I disliked the art work.

AJ

fairy lights

Thanks for the info, although it's sad to hear. Is the LWB just the generic meanings, or does it provide any insight into the cards?

I just checked the sale pile, it is already gone, so can't answer you.
Once in awhile LoS does a great job with the itty bitty space, Sacred Sites and Etruscan
come to mind, but mostly they contain fortune telling short speak.

rosetiger12

Fairy Lights Tarot

The LWB is just the generic tarot meanings, because you're supposed to put yourself into the card and imagine the scene that just took place or will take place or what could be beyond the borders of the card.

It's more collect it for the artwork I would say.

rosetiger12

Rainbow Travellers Tarot

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rainbow-travellers/

Hi all.

I was wondering how this looked in person, because the computer images aren't my faves. Also, how the LWB reads. Was tempted to hit buy tonight when I stumbled across it, but I've bought a couple decks this week already.... :eek: :|

Samweiss

Lately I've been itching for a deck with medieval-styled imagery and Golden Tarot by Kat Black has piqued my interest. I'd like to hear what you people think of the deck and what are your experiences with it.

Thanks!