The Victorian Romantic Tarot: It's Here!!

RussianSoul

What size are the cards?

My order is all ready to go in (to add to madness for baba-prague!).

But please tell me what size are the cards? My hands are ridiculously small, I cannot work with oversized decks...

baba-prague

They are a little bigger than Lo Scarabeo decks, and the same size as our BBCats, Prague second edition, Fantastic Menagerie and Fairytale. Which is 128mm*78 mm :)

They are basically as large as we dare make them, while still ensuring that they are shufflable for most people. But yes, of course it does depend on your hands and on how you shuffle - and what you feel comfortable with.

Gayla

I just ordered mine!!!!!!!! :) I can't wait! I also reserved a limited edition..hope I get one.

Aries2103

I have a question. I long did it take for you to get it, firemaiden? Or if anyone else knows. Two weeks seems to be awfully long! (I think I read somewhere that it took 2 weeks from Prague to the States).
Aries

baba-prague

It varies a lot. We've had parcels arrive in the US in three or four days, and others have taken four weeks. I think it's best to allow ten days to two weeks to be on the safe side. Why does it vary? We're not sure but things like holidays here or at the destination, whether or not customs decide to inspect the parcel etc, all make a difference. Plus it just seems to be luck :)

Aries2103

Thanks Baba. Let's hope I'm lucky then!

Sheri

How exciting, firemaiden!!! I am so happy for you! :D :party:

I ordered a Gold Edition as a birthday present for myself...I can't wait!!!!

Enjoy!

valeria :D

firemaiden

Aries2103 said:
I have a question. I long did it take for you to get it, firemaiden? Or if anyone else knows. Two weeks seems to be awfully long! (I think I read somewhere that it took 2 weeks from Prague to the States).
Aries

Gosh, I have no idea when Baba put it in the post! So I have no idea how long it took.

Sulis - I got the regular edition. I think it would be nice to own the gold edition, all the same the colours really glow on this one, and I'm really happy with it.

I really can't wait until some more of you start getting the deck, and then we can do readings!

firemaiden

dum de dum dum dum

...meanwhile...

Every day I spend with this deck I love it more. Every single one of these cards deserves to be framed! What a luscious feast for the eyes. I can feel my brain delectating in the sauces of light and shadow on the Knight of Pentacles, yum yum yumming over the pretty boy-faces in the six of wands. (The General on the horse, I need his phone number...), slurping up the blueberry background to the Nine of Swords..... Yum.

I think it will be a long while before we all fully appreciate how inspired Baba's choices are for each card, and how these choices enlighten and expand our ways of reading them. It is wonderful to have Baba's book in this regard. She has been very generous in showing us some of the source material for the cards. Just as an example, the engraving for the Fool card is most enlightening: here we can see him in his larger context - in the center of a circus ring and holding the banner for pony running with ballerina. And we see the crowd watching him... It is the fool as clown, derisory, isolated, yes, yet also up on a pedestal, and at the very center of the ring. Hmmmm. Is it paradoxically isolating to be the center of attention??

Much food for thought as well as a feast for the eyes!

firemaiden

For so many of you the deck is here...

I was so hoping people would share their first impressions of the new deck on this thread -- since the other thread is a bazillion pages long..

I'm so excited that everyone is receiving their decks, and really really eager to hear everyone else's impressions, and of course, readings!