Robin Wood Study Groups - 5 of cups

grking

Hey all,

In the Robin Wood deck, This card gives me a very different feeling than in the RW deck. The landscape is a bit colder, but instead of a feeling of sadness and disappointment, the feeling I got was that the person in the cloak was hiding themselves and their feelings from someone, and blocking the unseen person's view of the 2 standing cups. They are peaking out from under the head covering to see what is going on and how the other person (not on the card) is reacting. I got the distinct feeling that the person was hiding their love/feelings, and that is why the landscape is so desolate.

Just my 2 cents

satinangel

oooohhhhhh very good interpretation there...thank you for sharing it...

WhiteRaven

grking said:
Hey all,

In the Robin Wood deck, This card gives me a very different feeling than in the RW deck. The landscape is a bit colder, but instead of a feeling of sadness and disappointment, the feeling I got was that the person in the cloak was hiding themselves and their feelings from someone, and blocking the unseen person's view of the 2 standing cups. They are peaking out from under the head covering to see what is going on and how the other person (not on the card) is reacting. I got the distinct feeling that the person was hiding their love/feelings, and that is why the landscape is so desolate.

Just my 2 cents

Just popping in here to say that I LIKE your take on this card....I've never looked at it this way but it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the fresh view!!
:)

annik

Me too! I didn't saw it that way. I was seeing it more like a mourner that didn't look around.

grking

thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Love and Light

CelticGirl

This may be a little off the wall, but with the castle in the background it reminds me of the old days, and then with the cups with the liquid spilled onto the soil makes me think that the person in the cloak honouring those who have fallen...maybe in battle? And with the 2 cups off to the persons side indicating that there are still loved ones in the cloaked person's life.

So I guess it could be interpreted in modern day as letting go of things that have come to an end or that need to come to an end, yet to still remember them and honour them because they were important aspects, people, and situations in that that have made you who you are. But to look up because you still have those other 2 cups out there to keep you going and show you a new way...

Rhiamon

did you notice the rings around the tops of the cups have different colors?

CelticGirl

I did notice that, but at the time didn't think anything of it. I notice green, red, blue, yellow and white.

Al Si'ra

I've got this card popping up today in a reading about a friend..This guy and i became friends not so long ago..and actually one of my best friends like this guy a lot..and i thought he was into her too..but i kinda sensed that he changed directions and has decided to be just friends both with me and her that felt interesting and i kinda tried to see what is behind it all..so i did a small reading concerning him and me..

He thought that i was "the magician"..i knew that; but then i asked about his feelings and i got 7 of wands-ace of pents..and 5 of cups as the clarification and as soon as i saw the card i knew that robin wood's 5 of cups is totally different than waite's 5 of cups..

Here is my take: He HAS to hide his feelings(5 of cups) because it would be very immoral to change his direction towards me,would cause a lot of trouble (7 of wands) since he was my friends friend in the first place..So he is sorry that he has to do this and that he missed a chance (ace of pents) to get to know me in a different way..but yes i do agree that there's a hiding aspect to this card..

CandyApple

I get this card in a lot of readings I do on myself. To me this card means for me to look at what I have left. I feel this person can only see what has gone wrong. They don't want to notice the two good thi ngs they have left. The spilled liquid looks like blood. How we tend to slit our own throats and bleed over little things. Blood is important to us we need it to live so we find it really hard to let go of. But once it is spilled we can't get it back. Yet we might want to.

To me this is a card of letting go and remembering what we still have.

Hope that makes sense. NOw off to read what the others have written.

edit: wow I loved the protecting aspect that was posted. I can totally see that! That is certainly a new aspect to add to it next time I do a reading! Awsome infomation.