"Tip of the Iceberg" spread

Kurai Yuko

very nice...

Cool spread! I'll try it someday...i've been really needing spreads like that...

*Yuko*

DarkElectric

So, has anyone else tried this one yet? If so, what do you think?

Alissa

2 thumbs up

I used this spread for a reading for friend of mine. Her question was : "What are the influences and factors at play in XXX's life, to be expected January 22-30, 2003?"

I really like having absolutely no knowledge, or less knowledge, on the specifics of a question. However, despite little info as to the reason behind the question, I felt compelled to use this spread, and it worked great!

She later revealed that the Cards were really accurate about the forces she already knew at play, and hopefully will be better prepared for those she didn't.

Grreattttt spread Dark Electric!

WolfSpirit

Re: Just quickly

Talisman said:
'Lo all,

Just another quick thought about how well this spread is designed.

If you're in the habit of using a quick three-card spread, Cards 1, 2 and 3 work well. Just that. But, if you layed out the three-card spread in the morning, for example, and thought about it and decided you wanted to know more, you'd always have the option of laying out the remainder of the spread that evening and "going below the surface."

If you used 8, 9 and 10 for your three-card spread, you'd always have the option of adding 11 as a wild card, or synthesis.

Thanks Talisman for dividing this spread into "digestive bits". That was really what I needed but I did not see it myself.

DarkElectric: great spread. The moment I saw it I liked it because of the above/below the surface, but I was intimidated by the number of cards.
But I have tried, read it in three separate parts then joined the whole thing together - worked great !!

Jeanette

I'm glad I discovered this spread after a few people have used it, and given their thoughts on it. Dark Electric, I can't wait to try it! You did a good job on it. I like the iceberg part, how the cards all sort of work together (4,5,6,7). I think it will be great! Keep up the good work!!! Thanks!!

DarkElectric

Jeanette, thank YOU!
I have started using this spread for clients. They are happy with the results, and that makes me happy too. I hope it isn't a one hit wonder, and that I can come up with other good ones in future!

Talisman

Back when the world was young . . .

Just saw a new post in Tarot Decks started by DarkElectric long ago about the Wheel of Change, and remembered this spread.

Took a few minutes to hunt it up. I always meant to try this one, but at the time I was trying so hard to develop a do everything spread to take the place of the blamed Celtic Cross I learned with.

To begin with, I like the spread's title . . .

starrystarrynight

I'm glad you dug this one out! I tried it, and it was very, very good and, I think, accurate!

I'm noting it.