Crowley biographies. Just read Sutin...

fyreflye

I admit that of course all this extra stuff is *useful* simply because I don't want to appear as someone who rejects all learning...

"Useful" for what?

jema

(I am surprised how all Crowley biographies seem to give relatively short shrift to the Thoth deck. I always think it should be a large proportion of his later life but then I'm biased and think it should be at least a quarter of the book! :D)

This! *like button*
Imagine a book with all the Crowley Thoth stuff, the Book of Thoth expanded with biography info + all the letters pertaining to the deck. I would buy it!

gregory

This! *like button*
Imagine a book with all the Crowley Thoth stuff, the Book of Thoth expanded with biography info + all the letters pertaining to the deck. I would buy it!

YES ! There is a certain amount - but not enough - and I am puzzled by the "colour version first published by Llewellyn in 1971". I have one of the early ones - as well as some Llewellyn copies - and mine is NOT from them, but directly copyrighted by OTO and distributed by Weiser.... I was told - when I bought it from a store that was connected to the OTO - that it was published in 1969 - but I can't prove that as there is no date on it. It fits with Kaplan, though: he says that the first full-color edition of the Thoth was issued in 1969 by Samuel Weiser. (White box A !)