companion book..message to lee

Lee

Great ideas, Robin! Hopefully I'll get the chance to put them to use.

-- Lee

la-luna

i think that if the deck sells very very well LS will be asking for a companion book to cash in on the deck's popularity . and from what i heard here at AT on other site's and from some friends the deck is doing very well !

so i already ordered 4 more decks to give to my ex and good friends

BS6Robin

Companion Book - More things to request

Great news that the drums are beating around the world spreading the message that there is a need for the book! I'd like to know what other forums are around that have touched on this book. In the middle of a spread, celtic cross, for the world and the UK at the moment. Got lots of Major's in the spread, may post the results in the appropriate place when done. Would the book perhaps have a mini-companion, spreads in pdf format on a CD? [okay just asking!;-)] The price of a book needs to be considered, I'd pay upto 10-12 GBP for it, not much more. Its got to look good, be more than a flick-thru and throw on top of a pile of Tarot collections. Peace and hugs to all GT reader's, XXRobin

Cerulean

I wonder if Lee and others could write a few articles...

...I saw a review of a tarot conference in New York on TarotPassages where they said they used Lee's tarot to play Tarot Rummey...I'd be interested in reading about that...

...and maybe the 2007 Llewellyn Tarot Reader or other magazines could have a few articles by Lee or others on their use of the Gay Tarot...that might assist bringing a book together...

I haven't yet defined my use of this deck. I like this deck and the Pagan Tarot for their 'everyday' setting--I noticed there's a kind of twentieth-to-twenti-first century flavor that make these good decks to blend in with other mixed deck readings....I'm eagerly waiting for the 78 Doors to use as a blended mix of two deck readings with the Gay Tarot. The everyday flavor of the Gay Tarot and the fanciful flavor of the 78 Doors might be fun...(I'm not into the Witchy Tarot theme by the same artist). When I get both decks together, I'd love to write up on that experiment...

In the same way, I also use the Pagan Tarot with the Olympus because I like the art style of the artist and having modern and Greek Godlings interact Western settings.

Best regards,

Cerulean

Lee

Thanks, Cerulean! The 2007 Llewellyn Reader won't have any articles on the Gay Tarot (at least not by me), however the 2006 Reader (due out soon, I think) does have an article by me on the deck's creation.

That was interesting about Tarot Rummy at the Reader's Studio, somehow I missed that page in the Tarot Passages article. Now I wonder how I can learn to play!

I love reading your descriptions of the different decks you choose to combine for readings. It always inspires me to pick out a couple of decks from off my shelf and try it myself.

-- Lee

Lee

Oops, sorry, Cerulean, I just saw in another thread that you already know about the 2006 Reader.

-- Lee

BS6Robin

2006 Campaign for the Book continues ...

Lee, and other supporters of a companion book.

I wrote a note to LS and recieved the following reply....

Dear Robin,

I'm sorry but at the moment, no book on the Gay Tarot has been planned.
We understand how the book could be interesting, and rewarding, however.

Anyway, if such a book is going to be done, the person who could and
should write it is Lee Bursten.
If he wishes to create such a book, we would be happy to consider it.

Best regards,

Riccardo Minetti
Lo Scarabeo

So Lee, do you have a Tarot Book inside waiting to jump onto the pages? I would buy it on spec, and since last year, I hope you have rested enough since the creation of the deck to consider putting a project together to create the book. We on the forum would help if you wish?

Regards

Robin

Lee

Wow, that's news to me. Thanks Robin, I'll e-mail Riccardo and see if I can get some clarification.

-- Lee

Lee

I've heard back from Riccardo. He's going to mention it at their next planning meeting, in September.

So, we'll see. :)

-- Lee

RiccardoLS

A long and windy road... ^_^

I work here and I must admit I don't really understand LS policy toward books.
Maybe because we are necessarily contracdictory...

Main discussion in general sense toward the books are:
- we don't yet know if books are profitable or they are not.
- books enter only a very limited market... i.e. English speaking countries.
- books are a often a pain, as no one of us is qualified to work with written word.
- books do not sell alone, but just as part of set editions.
- we can do a limited number of books, every year. Which ones? Should we do the best decks, the best selling decks, the decks that more need a book to be understood... ?
- should we do a book when a deck is created or later, once we "know" about the deck

Obviously I don't have answers... but the questions are always that.
We quite liked the Gay Tarot. It felt "good" in many a way.
Obviusly we can't stand Lee as a writer, and a person (hi hi ^^).

So we shall consider it.
And we will see.

Best,

Riccardo
(20 minutes away from holiday break)