Tired of doing readings!

raventepes

Reading isn't for everyone. I used to be a professional, but got tired of the same questions being asked. Any more, I only read for myself and family, and close friends. I actually took a long break from reading and from this site. I think this helped me re-focus myself.

I still picked up new decks here and there, read through them once or twice, and put them away. I think this actually made me a better reader than when I left off.

At any rate though, do what you feel is necessary. Nobody can tell you what's right and wrong, here.

NadaJ

I only get bored of relationship questions. Ack! But I never tire of personal journey readings, or anything healing or empowering. Dream interpretation is the most fun for me.
I love doing readings because I love uncovering a story. I absolutely love stories.
I think that the reason Readings on relationships are boring to me is because they get asked so frequently, and because I do not need to use cards to help in relationships. It is like asking me the sum of two and three.

This has been on my mind lately. I'm actually the opposite of the OP, whereas I like to give the kind of readings you suggest, i.e., personal journey, empowering, what someone can do next...But these readings are the icing of the "relationship/what does X feel about me" cake. I wonder if I'm using tarot correctly or if tarot is really for me. Maybe I should do a reading asking that question. ;)

Libra 58

I´m sure you all are right!
I haven´t done many readings and the one´s I done where all mostly about "how to find miss or mr right! Or "if they where going to be rich in the future"?!
No wondering that I found that boring!
I have to tell my friends that I don´t do boring readings anymore!

OaksWhispering

This has been on my mind lately. I'm actually the opposite of the OP, whereas I like to give the kind of readings you suggest, i.e., personal journey, empowering, what someone can do next...But these readings are the icing of the "relationship/what does X feel about me" cake. I wonder if I'm using tarot correctly or if tarot is really for me. Maybe I should do a reading asking that question. ;)

Hm, every time I do a relationship reading, I always want to throw in some advice for the querent but I don't want to if they did not ask. You just made me realize, if I make advice a part of the spread then I can give advice that the cards have and maybe I won't dread it so much! I am very much into empowerment and focusing on the querent's personal path, and I find it unhelpful to read the cards for someone when it is really about another person. Especially if they can so easily find the answer my asking that person themselves.
To me it is like asking a magic 8 ball. You are hoping for a good answer and you know if you get one you don't like, you are going to decide that you don't believe it.