JOURNAL SUPPORT GROUP!

greatdane

So thrilled you have all jumped on board!

Love the company. Got my journal from seven stars today, it's the one on her site that is bluish and gothic looking :). You can have it personalized. GREAT size and love the paper to write on. So now I feel really official. I will sit tonight and spend time with the latest Bohemian Gothic sharing my thoughts re each card. I love putting pen to paper, just helps the thoughts flooow. CONGRATS to everyone who has been writing or typing and getting to know whichever deck they're working with right now or just writing or typing about what strikes their fancy!

celticnoodle

I must admit. I have yet to start. :( I'm concentrating my writing on the Christmas Cards, and gift tags and getting all the gifts wrapped and boxed up and mailed out. I also had a few surprises thrown at me that made me have to stop all I was doing to take care of--but that's life...er Murphy's Law, isn't it? :D

I have been running tons of ideas through this small brain of mine though--of what to write and how to write it out. :laugh:

and,

tomorrow's another day.

inanna_tarot

Still journalling.... although I'm finding it hard to find time for it, but I do love it when I do it.

Need to be more strict with my online time. I realise how much I just sit staring at FB. Its such a time stealing demon! ARGH

merissa_88

Still working with this James Wells spread every evening with my Sacred Indian Tarot:

1---2---3

Card 1: What from this day is helpful for me to leave in this day and not take forward?
Card 2:What from this day is helpful for me to take into tomorrow?
Card 3:What from this day is helpful for me to take beyond tomorrow?

It's a good prompt for journalling and a nice ending to the day. I'm also using this time to reread my journal entries from the last week. I'm in so much of a hurry sometimes that I forget what I've written.

Chimera Dust

I love this thread! I have a Tarot journal but most of my entries are logs from different readings I've done (so I can go back and see what I think now and such). I've often thought about using it to take notes about cards, especially since I want to make my own deck and part of the process is to think about my own perception of the cards and how it compares with other people's. I'm going to read all the posts here soon, I'm curious.

herself

I'm pretty regular with journaling about my draws and readings, but the one thing that seems to KILL any journal DEAD is when I list out 78 pages, one blank page for every card. I start to do a few and by the time I'm up to the Emperor the whole thing has just trailed off.

I think the problem is that over the years my definitions of cards have shifted and become much more fluid, depending on the question, the position of the card and its relationship to the cards around it.

Ditto with books about tarot. I just can't sit down and read through definition after definition.

Anyone else have this problem? :D

merissa_88

I love this thread! I have a Tarot journal but most of my entries are logs from different readings I've done (so I can go back and see what I think now and such). I've often thought about using it to take notes about cards, especially since I want to make my own deck and part of the process is to think about my own perception of the cards and how it compares with other people's. I'm going to read all the posts here soon, I'm curious.

Cool idea! I am doing a comparative tarot thing with one card from my daily reading. I should add it to my journal.

Chimera Dust

I'm currently trying to decide how I want to organize my journal. I definitely want to do some in-depth study of individual cards of individual decks, but I don't want to be that repetitive since I'll already be taking notes on a card in general, different perspectives on it, and things that strike me about it in the decks I own. :/

Cool idea! I am doing a comparative tarot thing with one card from my daily reading. I should add it to my journal.

I'm glad you like the idea! :D I'd love to know how well it works in conjunction with daily one-card readings.

Chimera Dust

Love the company. Got my journal from seven stars today, it's the one on her site that is bluish and gothic looking :). You can have it personalized. GREAT size and love the paper to write on. So now I feel really official. I will sit tonight and spend time with the latest Bohemian Gothic sharing my thoughts re each card. I love putting pen to paper, just helps the thoughts flooow. CONGRATS to everyone who has been writing or typing and getting to know whichever deck they're working with right now or just writing or typing about what strikes their fancy!

I've checked out the designs and... one of them features a painting I really like and wanted to incorporate in the deck I'm making! It's such a neat coincidence that I'm tempted to order it, though at the same time I love all the designs.

It's also good to know that, according to the product description page, she'll use blank pages on request. I love collaging and sketching things when I journal so blank paper is ideal.

inanna_tarot

Still working with this James Wells spread every evening with my Sacred Indian Tarot:

1---2---3

Card 1: What from this day is helpful for me to leave in this day and not take forward?
Card 2:What from this day is helpful for me to take into tomorrow?
Card 3:What from this day is helpful for me to take beyond tomorrow?

It's a good prompt for journalling and a nice ending to the day. I'm also using this time to reread my journal entries from the last week. I'm in so much of a hurry sometimes that I forget what I've written.

Oh thats a great starting point! Going to put in my journal now!

And Herself - I agree! Whilst I love the idea of handing down my 78 degrees of Wisdom to any potential children one day, as soon as I make 78 blank pages, or even 22 - I've just killed the journal!