Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 155 : July 19th - July 26th

swedishfish612

I will use my Ellis deck this week.

I can't wait to hear what you think of it...I gushed all over the last thread, lol.

I'm definitely sticking with the borderless Deviant Moon for this week. It's like an old favorite got an amazing facelift. Love it!

Elendil, could you also put me down for an oracle- Wisdom in the House of Night? I really need to play with some of these oracles I have so I can decide if I'm keeping them or not!

Also, a question for the group- when you all use oracles in conjunction with your Tarot decks, what do you do? I mean, when do you use your deck vs. your oracle? I'm still working out what I will do. I'm thinking of doing some sort of "looking at the week ahead" spread with the oracle, and using my Tarot cards for daily draws, reading exchanges, etc. But I'd like to hear what you all do so I can play with mine a bit this week.

The Happy Squirrel

Phanstasmagoric Theatre for me this week :)

Swedishfish, I am planning to use my Tarot Oracle ("Oracle Tarot" deck) with my Phantasmagoric. In fact, because this is the only 'oracle' deck that I have, I use this with every other deck. What I do with it? I draw up a theme with it. So the daily draws with it, then going deeper with tarot. Or, have a tarot spread, then use the oracle to summarize a theme.

:)

AJ

Sorry, I'll be dinged if I know where the III Millennium deck is. It is such an oddball I can't image selling it, and indeed, have no record of doing so. All my boxed decks are in one drawer...I don't take my decks anywhere else...

Anyway all that to say I'll be using the Native American Tarot, Lo Scarabeo 2004

Elendil

I will be using The 8-Bit Tarot this week :)

toj

Native American Tarot...Gonzalez version.

swedishfish612

The borderless Deviant Moon is amazing! It was my learning deck, so it's fun to re-visit it in any form. But this new version is just brilliant. It's blunt and funny. The images leap right out at you, and the colors are vibrant. It's a good time so far!

GoldenWolf

Thank you. :) I hope you enjoy your week with the Roots of Asia - it's a fantastic deck, especially if you're familiar with Buddhist concepts. Of course the LWB is so good, even that doesn't matter if you're not. :)

This is an amazing deck. I'm so glad I picked it up, on clearance no less, at a bookstore in California on a trip there in 2010. We went out there for Daryl's son's wedding. Typically, I don't remember when I bought most of my decks. We got so fed up with all the hubbub around that, we just took off one day and hit nearby bookstores.

I am familiar with Buddhism as that was Daryl's bent. It does speak to me on a personal level with the imagery too. I might do a second week with it.

Madame Squee

I'm in with the Hermetic Tarot (Dowson) this week and the Game of Hope Lenormand.

Thank you.

NadaJ

The borderless Deviant Moon is amazing! It was my learning deck, so it's fun to re-visit it in any form. But this new version is just brilliant. It's blunt and funny. The images leap right out at you, and the colors are vibrant. It's a good time so far!

A coworker let me see (and touch-gasp!) her Deviant Moon deck. She's not a reader but really liked the deck and wanted to show me. I thought I would be so afraid of the images, but I really like it. It's on my wish list queue for sure. I think my favorite card was the 3 of Pentacles, how they each were working on their craft, literally working on each other and trusting the other with their work. Absolutely love it.