Tired of doing readings!

Libra 58

I like to collect decks and now and then I do a little shallow reading, but thats it!
I like to read about the decks, I study the cards, I compare them to other decks and so on, but I don´t like doing readings! Why? Because I think it´s boring!
Am I the only one that feels like this?

Grizabella

Why do you find it to be boring? I've never felt bored with it, ever. The longer I read, the more rewarding, stimulating and exciting it gets for me. Maybe instead of shallow readings, you might want to delve into some deeper ones.

SweetSiren

There are some fun spreads in my opinion. I personally like to read on topics that seem elusive to us- like the nature of fate, the nature of dreams, story elements etc. stuff like this keeps me interested in what the cards can say because I agree, it can get boring if you keep looking for the same information.

ravenest

I like to collect decks and now and then I do a little shallow reading, but thats it!
I like to read about the decks, I study the cards, I compare them to other decks and so on, but I don´t like doing readings! Why? Because I think it´s boring!
Am I the only one that feels like this?

No. I found doing the readings people mostly wanted to be boring (as well as other things), so I stopped doing it. Now I use them differently.

Cenozoic

I like reading because looking at all the stories are fun, but you don't have to read if you don't find it exciting. You can just collect decks and feel great with that. I know a lot of things I do are boring to others, so it's great that they're not doing what I'm doing :)

Citrin

What kind of readings have you been doing? Sometimes I feel bored with the “How does A feel about me?” and “When will I become his girlfriend?” but I get super excited every once in a while when someone has a completely different question… :)

One thing I have a problem with is that I feel that readings take a lot of energy from me. It drains me. So some days even though I feel like reading for others I just don’t ´cause I feel my mind is too tired…

dancing_moon

Welcome to AT! :)

It's perfectly OK if all you do is collect, compare and enjoy the artwork. You don't have to do readings at all. But, maybe, like Grizabella suggested, you could try doing a few more 'serious' and deeper readings, just to see if you're perhaps missing something.

Originally, I was drawn to Tarot because of the possibility to do readings and get answers to the questions I had trouble finding. At that time I saw no use in owning more than a couple of decks. However, it grew on me over time. :D And it's awful to think now how much I'd miss if I'd stuck to my original idea - to stop buying when the number of my decks hit 5. :bugeyed:

Readings actually needn't be about 'global' questions, but it helps if the questions are really something you'd like to know about, and it worries you. I once did a reading about my home makeover. It was one of the most illuminating readings I've ever had, and it was incredibly interesting to me because it had practical use there and then. In another reading, I asked Tarot how to deal with a 'difficult' relative, and it gave me a very simple tip that helped me to become closer to that person. Perhaps, you could try to do a few readings that would yield practical results, and that might show you a totally new facet of Tarot readings. ;)

OaksWhispering

I only get bored of relationship questions. Ack! But I never tire of personal journey readings, or anything healing or empowering. Dream interpretation is the most fun for me.
I love doing readings because I love uncovering a story. I absolutely love stories.
I think that the reason Readings on relationships are boring to me is because they get asked so frequently, and because I do not need to use cards to help in relationships. It is like asking me the sum of two and three.

OaksWhispering

What kind of readings have you been doing? Sometimes I feel bored with the “How does A feel about me?” and “When will I become his girlfriend?” but I get super excited every once in a while when someone has a completely different question… :)

One thing I have a problem with is that I feel that readings take a lot of energy from me. It drains me. So some days even though I feel like reading for others I just don’t ´cause I feel my mind is too tired…

I am the same, it tends to zap my energy and I won't read for anyone for a few days.

Zephyros

I've never been a fan of reading, even when I thought that was all there was to Tarot. I prefer studying them and mediating on them, developing and analyzing the ideas they put forth, etc. I suppose I can do a passable reading if I have to, but nowadays I rarely do it, except for small readings for myself. I don't even collect decks, I use mostly only one, but in my own way I use it constantly.