Constructing a Magic Circle

ravenest

hey X. I have pics here somewhere of mine ... but only 1:50 mins left on theis pub access comp. I' try to find and post later.

ravenest

Thanks S.
Professor X said:
I want to design my own thelemic type of magic circle and I have questions.

I know there are certain rules that must obeyed when you draw a magic circle so that nothing you summon can enter inside the circle.

What exact rules must you follow?
The general rules of Evocation is a good start. Best to experiment first, discovering you need something outside the cirlce once you begin is a bummer, it could be anything from a wind blowing a curtain onto a candle and the curtain catching fire, through to an urgent need to urinate or drink (and you dont want to drink the ritual water). IE. beware of practical considerations outside of the ritual.
Professor X said:
What colors should be used?
I mostly used the reccomended ones with some changes, The 'tiles' (representing the sephiroth) were Queen scale I believe, but you might want to use another scale depending on the working. I prefered a black circle (agricultural irrigation polypipe) with the names painted on in scarlet.
Professor X said:
Should names of protection be written outside the circle? If so should they be in english or in another language?
Mine were in english letters, although I feel other letters add a special feeling for me (English letters and Chinese characters suggest earth, Arabic air {incense smoke}, Hebrew Fire.) Mine were written on the outside of the circle - ie. the outer side of the pipe.
Professor X said:
I have seen different designs where there are candles outside of the circle area,is all this neccesary?
Probably not but look at the effect in the pics ... its a great effect, not just for show, but the effect on the consciousness of the practioner.
Professor X said:
If anyone has any knowledge on this I would love to hear it.
I have 2 working records of the ritual the pics are from, one a more practical, and logistical reccord detailing all the construction of furniture, layout, tools/weapons, logisitics, consecrations, etc and the other a record of the rite, development and changes (its GD based with personal Thelemic interpretations and words and BoL substitutions for some phrases).

ravenest

Grigori said:
Hopefully someone more familiar with that version will stop by, but my memory is that you stand or have you altar at the middle point, which is the 6th square and so tipareth.
Yes, this is why I liked working with the Sephiroth in a Tau shape, in my version you stand at Malkuth and Tiphareth is in front of you and the 'lower' sepiroth are on the altars to your left and right, the 'merciful' ones on the left side, the severe' on the other, with appropriate tools on them. Traditionally the spirit would be rewarded (the cooling water, the sweet incense) or punished (the box of torment, the sword). I chose this set up for a few reasons which maybe a bit technical for now, but if you (Prof.) want to get into a logistics rave ....
Grigori said:
using the goetic formula for evocation then you would place a triangle outside the circle, which is the version I think most familiar to Crowley.

Yes, do that, deffinatly put the triangle (and any focus of manifestion) OUTSIDE the circle. (see the last pic)

Professor X

ravenest said:
Thanks S.

The general rules of Evocation is a good start. Best to experiment first, discovering you need something outside the cirlce once you begin is a bummer, it could be anything from a wind blowing a curtain onto a candle and the curtain catching fire, through to an urgent need to urinate or drink (and you dont want to drink the ritual water). IE. beware of practical considerations outside of the ritual.

I mostly used the reccomended ones with some changes, The 'tiles' (representing the sephiroth) were Queen scale I believe, but you might want to use another scale depending on the working. I prefered a black circle (agricultural irrigation polypipe) with the names painted on in scarlet.

Mine were in english letters, although I feel other letters add a special feeling for me (English letters and Chinese characters suggest earth, Arabic air {incense smoke}, Hebrew Fire.) Mine were written on the outside of the circle - ie. the outer side of the pipe.

Probably not but look at the effect in the pics ... its a great effect, not just for show, but the effect on the consciousness of the practioner.

I have 2 working records of the ritual the pics are from, one a more practical, and logistical reccord detailing all the construction of furniture, layout, tools/weapons, logisitics, consecrations, etc and the other a record of the rite, development and changes (its GD based with personal Thelemic interpretations and words and BoL substitutions for some phrases).

Thank you so much for this information. One thing I see that I like is the design of the evocation triangle from magic circle drawn in the Goetia. I think will steal that design and use it with whatever circle of protection design that I can come up with. That triangle design resonates really well with me for some reason.

I would definitely like to see the records on how everything was constructed.

Lillie

ravenest said:
deffinatly put the triangle (and any focus of manifestion) OUTSIDE the circle. (see the last pic)

Then sit in the triangle and wait for Choronzon...

ravenest

Lillie said:
Then sit in the triangle and wait for Choronzon...

Thank you Lillie ..... I've been trying to figure out what happened to you for a few years now ..... :laugh:

ravenest

Professor X said:
I would definitely like to see the records on how everything was constructed.
Okay.
BUT - I have no computer nor do I have these records electronically, they are long hand with colored drawings written in the ritual work book (the one you can see in the photos), so I can either write them up and PM them to you ... which will take some time, or I can photocopy them and snail mail them to you if you PM me a postal address. Either way is fine with me.