9 of wands - Moon in Sagittarius

anubis777

9/wands

Hello Rachelcat & thanks for your added info i like to see people's other ideas on how they interpret this card as well as other cards. You are right it is a very spiritual card it is about attainment with the holy guardian angel in Tiphareth. But before we can do that we have to reconcile our different & opposite natures so they become one then we can shoot forth the arrow to Tiphareth. Now this is how i interpret this card it is about making changes that will require our inner strength as well as our pysical strength in order to reach our goal. The background is dark it represents nigh time. The arrows are pointed down b/c they are about to mainifest on the material plane if we are successful in reaching our goal.

Grigori

Yydrasilian said:
Ever wonder why The Moon trump doesn't correspond to the Moon?

rachelcat said:
I don't know what it has to do with the moon having a dark side, but I know the "practical" reason why the Moon isn't the moon. Astro assignments to Hebrew letters.

Hebrew has three forms of letter, Simple, Double and Mother. The 12 Simple letters are given the signs of the zodiac, and the 7 Double letters are given the planets. The 3 Mother letters get the primary elements.

The Moon card can't have the Moon planet, as Qoph is a Simple letter and so must get a sign, or else we have to re-order the trumps/planets again and throw some more spanners into the mix :eek:

rachelcat said:
In the meantime, here is my rambling IDS post on the beautiful 9 of Wands. (A favorite of mine, if only because Art is my REAL favorite!)

Its interesting how strong a parallel the 9 of Wands has to the Art card. I don't think any other minor is so clearly intended to relate to a major, or to illustrate a path on the Tree of Life. Some other cards are emphasized because of their importance to Crowley personally (his various significators perhaps) but this card stands out as one of the most special from the minors I think.

ravenest

Yygdrasilian said:
With the notable exception of lunar eclipses, there is always a bright side & a dark side of the Moon; thus, if the Sun were an Eye, it would always see a full Moon, regardless of the phase seen from Earth.

Thankyou. If I get this right you are refering to the 'dark' side of the Moon from the Solar perspective regardless of our terrestrial perceptions and regardless of the fact that the Moon is rotating, but from the terrestrial perspective (us) the 'dark side of the Moon' is something different, it is that part, ( regardless of rotation, as the Moon's rotation is 'in sync' with it's terrestrial orbit) that is always facing away from the Earth. But from the Solar perspective ALL planets appear to 'the Sun's eye' from this perspective so I dont see why that particularly relates to the Moon, nor anything to do with the Moons phases which is quiet a different physical process.

I like the idea that strength is gained from this card ... via the pathway you mention but internally, whether one wants to see it as an interplay between the female and male, the id and ego, the concious and the unconcios or the left and right sides of the brain, in this case the pathway is that little bit 'they' snip in a frontal lobotomy (it's in the region behind the 'third eye' ) -
" Till the Eye that was blind
Be a lamp to my mind!" - AC Rite of Jupiter.

Remembering that the 'strength' here is on the fire / wands level and not the earth disc level.

ravenest

anubis777 said:
Hello again, Ok in regard to your response i know that this card has an influence on the tree leading from Yesdod to Tiphareth it is related to the Art card. So in my meditations i have come up with what i consider my meaning to the 9/wands since this card is on the middle pillar it also has to do with balance & integration of 2 extremes of opposites fire & water. This card also has a lot of the lunar influence on it which suggest change & since Sagittarius is the archer who is also releasing is arrow towards Tiphareth being the goal & fullfilment, hence this card is change which requires one to successfully do in order to reach any goal. So this is my own interpretation. Feel free to add to this meaning.

Oh no ... it's such a nice little package! They only thing I would add is the obvious conclusion : and from this process strength is gained

Aset

It shows the way of union between the normal, everyday self and the Higher Self (Christ consciousness, Buddha nature, HGA, etc.) That’s why I think this Strength has to be inner strength, maybe even moral strength, strength of character?
Crowley points out the energy is directed downward. The Higher Self reaches for us. All we have to do is let it in.
The dark background is kind of troubling to me. Maybe it’s the darkness of the subconscious that needs the sun to illumine it. Snuffin says it’s indigo, but it looks mighty gray to me.
In a reading: Aim high (in a spiritual sense). Listen to your higher self. Take the high road in this issue. You have a store of inner strength, whether you know it or not. All you have to do is call upon it. Trust in it. Being aware of and accepting of change is an inner strength in itself.

I think the dark background should be troubling. I've not studied qabbalah very much at all, so my understanding of this is largely intuitive, but I think sometimes our HGA points us in directions that we don't consciously understand and for the most part we are left to stumble in the dark. This card is to me the reassurance that this is in fact the right path, and while you may be very uncomfortable not knowing where you are going, this is the right way. Trust is definitely a big key word here.

Nightgarden

Thank you, Aset!

=D

Tzadkiel

I agree with Aset! Great work, Nightgarden!

You should do the complete deck :)

Looking at your modified version of this card, one can really see that the "Nine of Wands" is a smaller version of the "Art"-card (Atu XIV).
Perfect Strength = perfect Balance and vice versa...

Nightgarden

Danke schön, Tzadkiel! =)

I created some images based on Thoth cards.
Mostly, if I had a card in mind over days...try to "work" with it and explore it in a different way.

You can see two others in the "Your fantasy Thoth"-thread!

Thank you again!