Book of Law Study Group 1.45

Aeon418

cardlady22 said:
And we're on the 5th letter on the 5th sphere, right?
heh sitting on/in geburah (again, I don't know the proper spellings)
It makes me think of the special symbol of Nuit given in verse 60:
"The Five Pointed Star, with a Circle in the Middle, & the circle is Red."

Heh = 5 = Pentagram.

The red circle (colour of Geburah - force and fire) in the centre is Hadit.

The Perfect and the Perfect together. Not two, but one. And because they are complementary opposites they cancel each other out and return back to Nothing. The original Perfect Zero.

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
The Perfect. . . True will?
Individual Will's, while perfect in themselves, are naturally different. But each Will is merely one particular "unveiling of the body of Nuit".

At one level it might look like we are all doing different things, but in actual fact we are all working on the same job.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Individual Will's, while perfect in themselves, are naturally different. But each Will is merely one particular "unveiling of the body of Nuit".

At one level it might look like we are all doing different things, but in actual fact we are all working on the same job.

Aeon418 said:
The Perfect and the Perfect together. Not two, but one. And because they are complementary opposites they cancel each other out and return back to Nothing. The original Perfect Zero.

Nothing.

confusion has been canceled.:laugh:

AW

RLG

This verse is much like a Zen koan. Although it outwardly suggests the balancing of opposites to return to nothing, i.e., the 0 = 2 formula, it doesn't actually say that. It says that the two perfections are one, as if they are identical, when in fact +1 and -1 are not identical. It then negates its own assertion and says, actually the two are none.

It may be in the word 'nay' that we actually find the 0 = 2 formula hidden, for having once combined two different things into one concept, it then negates that concept. So the unified concept is like the +1, while the negation of it is like the -1. And naturally when these are combined, the result is Zero.

I think it also relates to 'bind nothing!' and not having any distinctions between one thing and another thing. And it is clearly setting us up for the next verse, where nothing is stated to be a key to the Law.

Aeon418

RLG said:
It then negates its own assertion and says, actually the two are none.
Which it has to. In the Thelemic qabalah there is no singular 1 behind everything. Otherwise we end up in the age old snare of religion that posutualtes a pre-existing supreme being who creates everything.