Missing a Card

xKam

Hello all!

Thank you Kate C, but Gregory is right... I'm sorry I didn't indicate this earlier, I figured it was apparent. I lost the card on my own, I didn't receive the deck and the card was missing from the start.

Accept my apologies for the confusion. That's the only reason I did not approach the publishers because the card is missing from my own error and not theirs. :)

gregory

You have nothing to lose by asking the publisher. They can only tell you where to stuff it.....

Umbrae

Missing cards are far more common in the Publishing Industry than most would imagine.

Stuff happens!

Those good folks at the Tarot Garden have told me that missing card requests happen all the time.

So here's the real secret. What do the Tarot Garden folks do to replace missing cards?

They turn to the publishers, who as a common practice, will send replacements.

And what's really fun is - when you visit the publishers, there's a room someplace with loads of incomplete decks... Thank about that one for a spell. If you had 78 incomplete decks, all missing differnt cards, you could come up wiith 78 complete decks of strange cards.

The author David Skibbins uses a deck made of 78 different cards. What I mean is they come from 78 different decks...mondo cool...

So you lost a card? At least ask...

canid

Umbrae said:
And what's really fun is - when you visit the publishers, there's a room someplace with loads of incomplete decks... Thank about that one for a spell. If you had 78 incomplete decks, all missing differnt cards, you could come up wiith 78 complete decks of strange cards.

Yup, I've worked for printers & they ALL keep skads of samples of everything printed, for their own portfolios or future reference in case of revisions. Some are pilfered by employees. In this case, with tarot cards, I don't know who would do the actual printing, the pub or a subcontracted print shop. Still, they're out there & I guess it depends on the mood of who answers the phone when you call, but it's definitely worth a shot.

xKam

Thank you everyone! :)

I will call the publisher tomorrow because I just called, but they are closed for the day (I guess I missed them by about an hour or so). Please wish me luck! But like Gregory said... haha, the worst answer I can get is a no.

Umbrae - Haha, that made me laugh thinking about complete 78-card decks with cards from different decks! I wonder how they would work with readings with all the different personalities of the cards put together.

I will update this tomorrow and let everyone know how the conversation went.

Moonboy

I have received over 30 requests from people who have lost cards since I first offered spares on my site. Some were for more than just one card, too. This must be a very common problem and publishers should step up a bit.

nisaba

Umbrae said:
The author David Skibbins uses a deck made of 78 different cards. What I mean is they come from 78 different decks...mondo cool...
The mind boggles about shuffling. Of all 78 cards were from LS decks there's be little problem, but I look at my meagre collection of 50-something decks and they come in about eleven different sizes. Were I to create a compilation deck, shuffling would be a major issue. Cards would become airborne as a regular thing.

nisaba

Umbrae said:
The mind boggles about shuffling. Of all 78 cards were from LS decks there's be little problem, but I look at my meagre collection of 50-something decks and they come in about eleven different sizes. Were I to create a compilation deck, shuffling would be a major issue. Cards would become airborne as a regular thing.

Talking about authors, writing can really be facilitated by a Tarot deck kept handy: useful for nutting out characters, also useful for nutting out stuck plots.

Asher

The publishers I have dealt with have been very willing to replace missing, lost or damaged cards! In fact, I just received some replacement cards from Australia!

Luckily, these incidents are few and far between, but when they occur, most publishers come through and make things right. Bravo to them!!

Asher

xKam

I still have yet to call because I kept swept up in family time and I've been busy! I am going to call Monday for sure. It's crazy how time can get away from us and thank you Asher for the reassurance.

I hope the U.S. Game Systems is just as nice!! :)