Book of Law Study Group 1.52

Always Wondering

This line points out to me just how conditioned I am to think in terms of I, me, mine.
So conditioned that it took me a full 24 hours to realize what was bothering me about "They are one. They are many."

Are we one, or are we many or are we both? Was the concept my mind wanted to pick at. It is easier for me to have this little argument with myself, than to admit to such gap between what I begin to understand about our unity, and how I live my daily life in an individual vacuum.

AW

Aeon418

There is no part of me that is not of the gods.

In the latter half of the previous verse Nuit sanctions all manner if physical pleasure as long as it is done unto her. But what does that imply?

Have you ever noticed how many "so called" spiritual people have their spiritual practice, but tacked onto the end is this inconvenient thing called "their normal everyday life". How does this false dichotomy arise? Are some things spiritual and others not? Of course not.

For example, what's the difference between a spiritual practice and eating a meal? If it's done in a mindful way there is no difference. ;)
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
It is my will to eat and to drink.
That I may fortify my body thereby.
That I may accomplish the Great Work.
Love is the law, love under will.
Being "spiritual" doesn't mean that you have to live a life of abstinence and asceticism. On the contrary, a life lived to the full, with all it's pleasures, can still be one devoted to the Great Work. There is no such thing as spirituality versus normal life.

Nuit says that all acts should be devoted TO ME. In Greek that is TO MH, which has the value of 418.

Yes, you really can have your cake and eat it. })

ravenest

To me! To me!

Why am I here?

To experience life and living and my particular life and expression (or True Will). - To become a 'receptor node' so the 'Gods' (in his case Nuit) can expereince the joy of physical incarnation - through me. That is why I live and do what I do ... that is the purpose, so, I conciously offer my life and experience to the 'one' that 'gave' me life. It's a two way experiential relationship and I feel that if my experience is not offered up to Nuit, what is the point of being here? Under those terms it wouldnt take long for the ego ( the 'id' or any other nastier exprssion to surface; greed jealously, bitterness at experience that seemed unpleasureable, etc. ) and the repercussions would mess my life up until it seemed that a wrathfull direfull vengence distributing god was stalking me.
BASICALLY - Think and act like Jehovah and thats what ya get. 'Please' Nuit with joy and love (and share it a bit) ... and thats what ya get.

Okay, okay, I admit it ... I'm in love!

ravenest

To you! To you!

Aeon418 said:
Nuit says that all acts should be devoted TO ME. In Greek that is TO MH, which has the value of 418.

Yes, you really can have your cake and eat it. })

So all acts should be devoted to 418? That's it, I'm changing my username!

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
Okay, okay, I admit it ... I'm in love!

:heart: Awwwwwweee.
I'm happy for you Ravenest.

AW

ravenest

Always Wondering said:
:heart: Awwwwwweee.
I'm happy for you Ravenest.

AW
In love with Nuit I meant ... of course ... and with myself (and equally of couse that makes all other manifestaions of love a LOT easier to experience ;) )

Aeon418

ravenest said:
So all acts should be devoted to 418?
Yes. 418 = Abrahadabra - The Great Work.

Which is also the reward of Ra-Hoor-Khuit........ but we can't mention that bit can we? Because that's the nasty stuff we're trying to avoid, right? ;)

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
but we can't mention that bit can we? Because that's the nasty stuff we're trying to avoid, right? ;)

:confused:

I don't understand.

I was thinking along the lines that the direful judgements of Ra Hoor Khuit was the false dicotomy we make for ourselves.

What am I missing because nobody's mentioning it? I hate that. :laugh:

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I was thinking along the lines that the direful judgements of Ra Hoor Khuit was the false dicotomy we make for ourselves.
R.H.K. is the child of Nuit and Hadit. He is the symbol of the fully realised human being who can express and manifest the truth of their own nature. He represents the undivided self we aspire to be.

But as long as we are not unified, we are in conflict with ourselves. Just like the four creatures that pull the Chariot, all aspects of ourselves must pull in the same direction. This is the reward of R.H.K. - 418.

But now look at verse 2 of chapter 3. This explains why R.H.K. (the personification of the true self) is not a happy bunny right now. "There is division hither homeward: there is a word not known". We are the divided ones, who have lost the word (phallus) of our True Will. So long as we willfully persist in this state we suffer the direful judgements of our True Selves, the god of War and Vengeance. It is, to all intents and purposes, self inflicted karma.

Of course this is only the microcosmic interpretation.......