3 magus in Europe ?

Le Fanu

I didn't know that the purple box 3 Magus Thoth was being reprinted. Is this a new edition?

I know about the hiccup with OTO, but I thought the 3 Magus Thoth disappeared a while ago. Before all of that.

gregory

I'm not sure as I never bought a purple box in the first place. But on the USG site it is certainly listed as having all three :)

Le Fanu

I seem to be seeing the purple box 3 Magus Thoth around more and more. Is this now issued as an alternative to the blue box one? I thought it had long disappeared...

This is the edition I prefer as I love the 8-armed Magus with the baboon.

Maskelyne

I have a recently purchased purple-box (U.S. Games) Thoth (small) with the 3 magi. I assume it's from the new printing. The ISBN is 978-0-88079-308-7, copyright 1978, 1983, 2006. A few months earlier, the only small Thoth I could find here in the US, aside from overpriced decks on eBay, was the A.G. Mueller deck with unicursal hexagram, OTO card and One True Magus, in a kit with the Ziegler book. The A.G. Mueller blue-box editions are not much seen here in the States.

Le Fanu

That's the ISBN of the new one I just ordered off amazon!

Le Fanu

My 3 Magus back-up arrived today and I was surprised to find that it is a U.S Games "Premier Edition" style package. I think this may be a new reissue of the 3 Magus version.

It came in the larger outer box with the deck contained in a "drawer" which slips inside the outer case (like the Deviant Moon, the Archeon etc). the graphics are slightly, almost imperceptibly different. The back of the drawer part of the box has a short history of the Thoth Tarot/biographies of Lady Frieda and AC, and the box for the actual deck is slightly different from the other 3 Magus editions I have. It has a picture of the Empress card on the back of the box and comes accompanied by a fold-out Celtic Cross spread sheet (titled "Ancient 10-card Spread". maybe the name Celtic Cross has become too pejorative!!) It is a completely different package to the other 3 Magus ones I have. The cards are pretty much the same (parts of the back are slightly lighter brown but only really noticable with older editions side by side). I feel that this is a new reissue of the 3 Magus version for a new public!

ISBN (different to what I stated); 0 84262 00262 0