The Book of The Law Study Group 2.48

Grigori

To me this is a verse about action. "The Fallen" seems to imply those that don't dust themselves off and get up and get back on the horse. Those that stay down. In the same way that consolation encourages you to stay in a "damaged" position. Hadit's way of saying, "why haven't you got up and tried again?".

I think Hadit really is Thelemic for Nike hehe

Aeon418

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God
To sin is to miss the mark. The target in this instance is Hadit, the hidden glory within. But through "restriction" the arrow of aspiration frequently falls short and misses the bulls eye. Failure in this matter should spur the aspirant on to greater efforts, despite the pain the frustration. To seek consolation is to run away and throw in the towel.

This reminds of Jacob wrestling with the Angel in Genesis 32.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jacob_wrestling_the_angel_2.jpg
I will not let you go until you bless me.

CastleCrest

Basically says to not waste energy -
That wasting energy is a waste of time.
Not to bother giving that which is sacred to that which is not.

panpiper

Grigori said:
I think Hadit really is Thelemic for Nike hehe

Nike (Victory) in Greek numerates to 93, so you may be on to something :)

Grigori

panpiper said:
Nike (Victory) in Greek numerates to 93, so you may be on to something :)

Cool, thanks Panpiper! :)

Aeon418

The words of the Hierophant, Ra-Hoor-Khuit:

III 46 ... I will bring you to victory & joy: I will be at your arms in battle & ye shall delight to slay. Success is your proof; courage is your armour; go on, go on, in my strength; & ye shall turn not back for any!

CastleCrest

Aeon418 said:
The words of the Hierophant, Ra-Hoor-Khuit:

III 46 ... I will bring you to victory & joy: I will be at your arms in battle & ye shall delight to slay. Success is your proof; courage is your armour; go on, go on, in my strength; & ye shall turn not back for any!

The last line really speaks of the
I console not: I hate the consoled & the consoler.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
To me this is a verse about action. "The Fallen" seems to imply those that don't dust themselves off and get up and get back on the horse.
Or you can walk away and console yourself with something else that's more soothing and a little less ego bruising.

In response to that we have the words of Nuit in I:42-43.

"Oi! Thou hast no right but to get back on that horse. Do that, and no other shall say neigh"

Who says Nuit is the nice one of the 3? :laugh: