Zan and BC's Excellent Thoth Adventure: The Fool

zan_chan

Thanks for your help, Aeon. Um, maybe I understand? Will need to give it some deeper thought when I have more time.

This bit I'm not sure I get;

It is always unharmed, just like the Fool, but it is enriched by it's experiences.

Why is the Fool always unharmed?

Ashtaroot

zan_chan said:
;

I think cause it is comparing the fool with the atome so the fool is the raw energy the pure soul.. no matter whatever happen during your live your soul will always be pure like raw energy it is just experiences it is amassing but it is energy and you cant detroy energy it goes back to its purest form (the fool).. well that is what I got from it.

Zan I loved your wheel I never noticed it before wow i really liked it now i cant look at the fool wothout seeing that!

Bat Chicken

zan_chan said:
Thanks for your help, Aeon. Um, maybe I understand? Will need to give it some deeper thought when I have more time.

This bit I'm not sure I get;

I think Crowley's metaphor is an extension of the principle that Energy cannot be created nor destroyed - only transformed.

Logically his example is flawed, because we know that atoms can be split. Probably an idea that was not widely known to the pubic for another year after the BoT was published. But the idea of an indivisible particle is still the quest of theoretical physics.

I am uncomfortable with 'unharmed' in Aeon's statement that you quoted, Zan. The term itself it relative, just as Aeon's statement below indicates - so I wouldn't waste time bending my mind around it, per se, just the idea that it represents.

The choice of the Divine into incarnation is also an extension of 'free will'. I haven't formed an opinion on that idea yet, but, I do remember seeing it in the "Conversations with God" series at the beginning of the last decade.

Aeon418 said:
Whatever happens in your life, whether you consider it positive or negative, has no effect on the spark of divinity within you. It is always unharmed, just like the Fool, but it is enriched by it's experiences.

What is difficult about the whole thing is the concept of "SOUL" - that divine spark - and how much of what we can conceptualize as 'being' is preserved in the 'memory' of the Energy of this spark? It is re-incarnation in its coldest, most incomprehensible sense. To make it understandable, we inevitably change its meaning.

Aeon418

zan_chan said:
The Fool is symbolic of the spirit/divine spark/godhead that chooses to incarnate in matter, in order to experience it's own infinite possibilities. The matter or physical forms he incarnates within, and experiences life through, may suffer various accidents and misfortunes, but the spirit within is always unharmed. The physical form my perish, but not the spirit.

Think of it like an actor who assumes a role within a play. During the story the character being played by the actor may go through all sorts of adventures and mishaps, but at the end the actor is still him/herself. But he/she has gained the experience of playing that character.

Bat Chicken

We all seemed to have posted at the same time.. :laugh:

Aeon418

Bat Chicken said:
It is re-incarnation in its coldest, most incomprehensible sense. To make it understandable, we inevitably change its meaning.
It's only incomprehensible from the point of view of the persona (mask/character). The more you identify Self with persona, the more incomprehensible and cold it will seem.

Ashtaroot

Aeon418 said:
Think of it like an actor who assumes a role within a play. During the story the character being played by the actor may go through all sorts of adventures and mishaps, but at the end the actor is still him/herself. But he/she has gained the experience of playing that character.
Yes that is what I was trying to say..I like the way you said it.
I don't think we are supposed to look too deep into the technicality of it more as the pure form of yod right?

zan_chan

Ashtaroot said:
I don't think we are supposed to look too deep into the technicality of it more as the pure form of yod right?

No idea what that means. Getting ahead of me...

Looks like I have a lot of homework to do tonight...

Bat Chicken

Aeon418 said:
It's only incomprehensible from the point of view of the persona (mask/character). The more you identify Self with persona, the more incomprehensible and cold it will seem.
To identify with Self in its infinite form is to identify with NOTHING. Impressive.
If we are talking about the finite Self - not zero - well that's just an illusion isn't it? Or should I say big "c" Consciousness? I may agree that this kind of statement supports a limited understanding that will allow one to give up their fear of death by acknowledging a deeper, higher Self - but to suggest any real degree of (mental) comprehension? Well, in my opinion, that is hubris.

}) This discussion is getting my chicken feathers in a flap, so I am going to agree to disagree in order to move on.

Let's get back on track shall we? :laugh:

Mi-Shell

Bat Chicken said:
Yes! Waking! And that explains it - not the first thing a chick would think of... LOL!

Ääähmm - I should not be posting here -
.... but! Yes, waking all right! And he has a green set of Deer antlers upon his loins to emphasize that.....
And the crocodile as symbol of the reptilian brain that he tries to rise above - in more ways than one...
- Zan, your scan reallllly make me loooook and see things... and I could go on here....

oh yeah, forgot:
the Butterfly, symbol of transformation "morphing" into the double snake we find on the aesculapius staff = healing and then on into a widely used pattern used in weat weaving = food for the heart into wich it then transforms on....
Ok ok I will shut up! It is all because I once WAS bitten in the leg by a Tiger...just like........