Is it a raspberry or a rose? 2 Wands

Teheuti

Whenever I really look at this card I am reminded of looking down on Stinson Beach from the porch of a house on the side of Mt. Tamalpais, north of San Francisco. It's the exact same view. I always have to pull myself out of a flood of personal memories, since I used to live on the far shore.

I don't know what you mean by the red hat weirdness. The hat is a typical Renaissance style.

Cara Jackson

Yeah Teheuti,
The' weirdness' I refereed to earlier in this post, is the lines on side of Renaissance hat that look like either a hand (see arm, then thub uppermost and fingers below) OR does it represent Hermes, Messenger of the Gods?

Its great to have nice memories attached to teh cards, isnt it? I always 'superimpose' people I know on the Court Cards that are a-typical to them, it always helps, doesnt it?

x Cara

Rosanne

Hi there Cara!

I have a different approach to this card (as historically no one seems to agree anyway).
It is a rose but the printing has abscured the plan with a blotch of red ink.
It is possibly the first cultivated Rose and is called the Apothocary's Rose. It was known in England as the Lancashire Rose and was worn by soldiers off to War. The Romans and Egyptians used it medicinally as they did the Lily. Once again I think the healng of the World is somehow been depicted here (as Grail legend etc)
Generally Roses and Lilies are seen as Passion and Purity- but if you consider that both flowers were thought to reduce fever and cleanse the blood you have the association of
Christian thought of the blood of Christ and the Dove of Peace- let alone the idea of ministry to take Christianity across the seas.
So when I see this card- I often think of loved ones overseas who need support who may be suffering in someway or sad or dissapointed or even in some sort of physical unwellness.
I suggest contact.
The Roses and lilies somehow seem the focus of the card.

~Rosanne

starlightexp

Looking at the hat I guess I can see what you mean by a hand, but I don't think it's what Pixie ment to draw in. Sometimes a line is just a line, but if you see a hand then a hand it is. I think it goes back to the raspberry/rose question. IS it a hand...I'd say no, but if you SEE a hand then go for it. I've always just looked at it as a hat with a brim