Thoth newbie - stupid question time sorry

NikkiB

hi

I just wanted to get the courts straight in my head.. I am taking it that the Knight #9let say swords for this one) is the Queens consort and still maintains his fire of air situation despite the elevation in rank... the prince still retains air of air

As the knight is the Queens consort I presume he then outranks what I would normally see as king or in this deck prince....

can someone clarify ?

Elendil

Yes - you reasoned it all correctly.
For Crowley the Court sequence is Princess: Prince:Queen:Knight
Princesses are attributed to EARTH
Princes are attributed to AIR
Queens are attributed to WATER
Knights are attributed to FIRE

According to Duquette: "Crowley considered the more active, virile concept of the Knight to be the most appropriate title and character for the court card that represents the Yod in YHVH." (So 'King' became 'Knight' and the prior rank of Knight became 'Prince').

Grigori

Welcome!

You got it :) The Knight is the romantic adventurer from a far away country. He slays the dragon and woos the Queen, becoming her consort. They go off and have lots of Princes and Princesses together. Then the Prince goes off to a foreign land, becoming a Knight on a quest, looking for his queen. The purpose of the change is it becomes a cycle, where the travelling Knight meets the throned (stationary) Queen, moves into her territory and starts a new line of royalty.

NikkiB

Brilliant thanks both!! I am sure I will be adding to this thread a lot!! :D I am sometimes having trouble side stepping from RW ...