how do I know if Im ready for the thoth tarot?

Minotauro

I mean I've ben reading cards for a few years now , but just recently got very serious into it , still I dont know a thing about kabalah , extremely little about astrology ( not much at l really) and almost nothing about numerology ,how did you first get into it? what book would be thje best to start with
Im sure Im not ready for the book of thoth becaus eit assumes you know about those things s:

Nightgarden

Minotauro, the Thoth was my first deck and-just like you-I actually knew nothing about those things and Aleister Crowley. Little bit of astrology, but that was all.
Just bought it, because I found the art appealing.

In the beginning I used the book, which was part of the set by Miki Krefting.
Bought some others wit time, including Arries and "The Book of Thoth" by Crowley.

Now, after almost 20 years it is still my great (tarot) love and would say-don't be afraid to know each other. Just begin to work with it and see, where it leads you.

I recommend Lon Milo DuQuette's "Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot".

Elendil

I second the recommendation for DuQuette's book - which fills in background as well as looking at the card imagery.

Might I also suggest: 'The Thoth Companion' by Michael Osiris Snuffin?

DuQuette is probably the BEST starter though...

Minotauro

I read the review about the suggested book, and somethings worried me about it... BUT its the one everybody think I should start with so I think 'll go that way =P ,I was planning to use the mirror of the soul book , but people tell me it just has some divinatory meanings without explaining the why ,and thats it :c
D: seems like a long journey but I so know that it will be worth it <3 at least when I'll finish I'll know a little bit about a lot of things besides tarot lol n.n

Le Fanu

If you find the Thoth visually intriguing, the swirls & angularity and intoxicating colours, then you're ready for it.

If you think Crowley is just evil and that you too might become contaminated with evilness, then you're not.

Simple.

Zechariah13

If you think you want it, go get it.

I didnt know it at the time, but my first (and only) deck has Thothy minors and courts, but relatively RW majors. I never knew that till i got here

NikkiB

I know nothing about nothing but i'm giving Thoth a whirl this week, first day, felt that we may have to just work a bit to hard to communicate, second day, well Thoth was a little more gving and took pity on me, so that made me soften and now we are getting quite pally :D the more i use the deck the more it clicks so my advise would be shuffle and see :D

Cerulean

Would thr cards be beautiful to you?

When I thought the colors and cards were beautiful, that was my cue.

The Star card has a very beautiful classic pose that was gorgeous. I used to do art classes and loved drawing poses with graceful lines. I keep thinking the s curve and the proportions are so well done in this deck. The faces are just suggested in a painterly way.

Hope it works for you.

I mean I've ben reading cards for a few years now , but just recently got very serious into it , still I dont know a thing about kabalah , extremely little about astrology ( not much at l really) and almost nothing about numerology ,how did you first get into it? what book would be thje best to start with
Im sure Im not ready for the book of thoth becaus eit assumes you know about those things s:

Minotauro

If you find the Thoth visually intriguing, the swirls & angularity and intoxicating colours, then you're ready for it.

If you think Crowley is just evil and that you too might become contaminated with evilness, then you're not.

Simple.

OHHH but even if I thought it was evil , evil is so much more fun and way sexier XD hahaha
yes Im pretty sure I'll get it now I just wanted some advice on the books and in wheter I shoulñd have some prior knolwdge