Which RWS ?

Richard

I have a pocket one (from Tarot Chest). It's printed in Belgium and it has the Magician on the box cover, BUT it does have the modern typed titles. Perhaps the one in Bhavana's photo (with the Fool on the box) is the calligraphy one?
My printed in Belgium mini (Fool on one side of the box, World on the other) has the Calligraphy titles, as does my printed in China pocket version (Fool on the box). Both have excellent coloring, but I have a slight preference for the Belgium mini.

Bhavana

My printed in Belgium mini (Fool on one side of the box, World on the other) has the Calligraphy titles, as does my printed in China pocket version (Fool on the box). Both have excellent coloring, but I have a slight preference for the Belgium mini.

Why do you prefer the Belgium? what is better about it?

Richard

Why do you prefer the Belgium? what is better about it?
The colors are a little more vivid without being garish. I especially like the skin tones in the Belgium. Comparing The Lovers, for example, the skin tones are a little more golden in the Belgium than in the Chinese, and the colors of the angel's wings and clothing are deeper. Also, the smaller format of the mini seems somehow more flattering to the images. However, I like both decks much better than the modern Italian printing, which seems a bit sloppy and too glossy, or even my old full size deck with the faded-looking colors.