Publishing updates from the O.T.O.

Zephyros

Does all this mean that imaginary people authorize publications?

ravenest

What imaginary people? The people arent imaginary. Or do you mean the 'heads' of the A.A. - on the 'inner plane' (who might be imaginary)? The imprint and AA 'authority' is given through the physical head but the legal print authority is in the Outer OTO head.

Some are having issue that its the same person.

Unless you saying that if the AA imprint is valid and sole then that ultimatly derives its authority from the 'Secret Chiefs' the AA and they are (legally) imaginary? Yes. Thats why 'they' cant hold the copyright.

That would seem a neat little operational bundle; Secret Chiefs give FR. X (who is outer head of AA) instructions for a change, he swaps hats and makes the change happen via his ownership of legal copyright as he is also head of OTO.

But there is another way it could work out isn't there? Thats why the separation of powers seems important.

At least in an outer order one cant really pass the buck, one cant just shrug and say "Well, its what the Secret Chiefs want.'

Zephyros

Yes. I mean, yes, that, what you said. But if it's power they're after, what are its rewards? It can't be money, as proceeds belong to the order. Spiritual power? Human sacrifices and succulent virgins?

ravenest

Yes. I mean, yes, that, what you said. But if it's power they're after, what are its rewards?

If the rewards of power are not there then maybe power isnt the stimulus ?
People get on missions for all sorts of reasons, not always power. HB/BB has always had an editorial slant (actually it is interesting to check out the 'slant' each Head has had).
It can't be money, as proceeds belong to the order. Spiritual power?

Ditto on the money ... Spiritual power ??? what is that?. ... Power of 'authority and position' (with no other rewards) is popular with some; perhaps we could call it the power of self-importance ... that's why proponants of magical orders (as they are 'awarded' degrees) get jewels, insignia, titles, etc ... but anyone beyond 3rd degree should have been really slapped in the face about that by then (not that it cures everyone ;) ).
Human sacrifices and succulent virgins?
IF you DO join .... Boy, are you going to be disappointed :laugh:

daphne

If you know the Thoth well enough to be following this sub forum then you already know the English names of all the cards or can work them out from the Deutsch version. The color corrected German version is the one I use and recommend (not that anyone cares what I recommend :D)

Do you maybe have a link or an ISBN for the corrected version?

Zephyros

IF you DO join .... Boy, are you going to be disappointed :laugh:

Stuff and nonsense, everybody knows Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a completely accurate and correct portrayal of an average day at the OTO.

Richard

Stuff and nonsense, everybody knows Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a completely accurate and correct portrayal of an average day at the OTO.
You should at least join a fraternity in which you get to ride the goat. The Masonic Grand Lodge of Israel is in Tel Aviv.

Does the OTO have a goat?

Zephyros

You should at least join a fraternity in which you get to ride the goat. The Masonic Grand Lodge of Israel is in Tel Aviv.

Does the OTO have a goat?

The OTO probably isn't as rich as the Freemasons. Members are expected to provide their own goats.

gregory

Sigh.

I just wish I could swing Venice in November....

I already HAVE the Konigsfurt deck - the German doesn't bother me at all. Maybe because I read German... I like it, though the colouring takes some getting used to - but I do wish they would bring it out in the larger size.

Still and all - I want the shoggoth too....