The Book of the Law's bendible rules?

Karrma

Do what thou wilt.

BleuReynard

Do what thou wilt.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Ha! Yeah, I forgot that.
Crowley contradictions.

I'll get around to reading it later and decide to pass it on or keep it on the shelf.

ravenest

Crowley contradictions.

Perhaps. Or another Crowley attempt to explain the impossible; how unity is the basis of the world of duality we are in (fallen into or invoked ... what you will ;) ).

Perhaps when we can equally accept both sides of a 'duality' we are coming as close as we can get to understand unity, while in the world of duality.

Either that (or something else :laugh:) OR, as some wag tried to convince me; Thelema is just a Greek pronunciation of dilemma? :rolleyes:

BleuReynard

Stick thy hand unto thy blender and press frappe for full free liberation! …From thy hand. – BoB (Book of Blue)

Sure, I realize that's stupid, but we have right to do so if we wish.
The warning is in place, and that's all I'm going to say.

Crowley was the prophet of the Thoth, this gives him right to explain it. I don't want to sway any opinions, what you learn from The Book of the Law is for you to decide.

Richard

Stick thy hand unto thy blender and press frappe for full free liberation! …From thy hand. – BoB (Book of Blue)

Sure, I realize that's stupid, but we have right to do so if we wish.
The warning is in place, and that's all I'm going to say.

Crowley was the prophet of the Thoth, this gives him right to explain it. I don't want to sway any opinions, what you learn from The Book of the Law is for you to decide.
I think you are not supposed to read The Comment until you have finished reading The Book of the Law. By then you would be more familiar with the literary style, and The Comment might come across differently.

Jesus was a bit more direct when he said: "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." When these words were spoken, "cross" didn't simply mean "burden." It signified an extremely unpleasant death. It doesn't sound like a very encouraging prospect to me.