German OTO 'Thoth' deck

Freddie

Hi,

Does anyone here own one of these German language decks remastered by the OTO? I have put a picture of the box front from the net. Is this deck really a big improvement over the current Agmuller edition?

I am shocked at how much the Agmuller Blue Swiss Medium deck is going for...ouch...

Thanks,

Freddie

Attachments

• 51QsZlhdmtL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51QsZlhdmtL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 511

Abrac

There are some pictures of it at Tarot Garden. From what I've heard others say, there's less saturation than the AGM version, but from the pictures I can't see that much difference. I think the OTO's making a lot of noise to sell more decks. I'd just get a pre-owned US Games version in a lavender box, the cards are identical to the AGM one.

Richard

From what I've seen and heard about the new German deck, I am not in the least impressed. I think I'll just struggle along with my green box edition. :)

Le Fanu

Well I like it })

I wouldn't even say it is "less saturated". It looks like watercolour art, but it isn't pallid by any means. That's what I like about it; the fact that it feels like it was done with an artist's brush. I remember that the images for the deck are watercolours and it feels more painterly than the AG Muller one/U.S Games distributed one.

I have the standard size and a couple of the minis which I adore. One is in my desk drawer at work along with an Albano Waite mini.

Those who don't like it tend to be very vocal about but I like to stick up for it. The backs don't have a white border either, which is nice. But - yes - it makes the AG Muller one look very retouched.

ETA; it is often refered to as the Urania/Verlag Thoth, in case you were researching...(oh and those Tarot Garden scans are terrible...My decks don't look like that)

gregory

Less saturated - I do like it, but I WOULD have said a bit pallid, to be honest. If you are trying to find a "replacement" for a blue box Muller - this is not it.

And there are reasonably priced copies of that around actually. There's a guy in the states sells them - but I can't remember his name...

Le Fanu

But one thing I have noticed is that the mini isn't so easy to find anymore.

I wonder if they just did it on a whim?

But I don't care because I have two and sometimes it pays to be greedy and get a back up...

Zephyros

I considered getting it, after waiting for it for years, but ultimately decided not to, and probably for a very stupid reason. I know the names and titles by heart but... I just know I would notice it's in German, and that it would be off-putting. If it ever comes out in English, overrated or not, I'll most definitely get it, especially as my beloved 13± year old deck is beginning to show signs that it is indeed my favorite.

ravenest

Hi,

Does anyone here own one of these German language decks remastered by the OTO? I have put a picture of the box front from the net. Is this deck really a big improvement over the current Agmuller edition?

I am shocked at how much the Agmuller Blue Swiss Medium deck is going for...ouch...

Thanks,

Freddie

Wow! Those colors! Looks like I am viewing it underwater in stong sunlight on a coral reef.

ravenest

There are some pictures of it at Tarot Garden. From what I've heard others say, there's less saturation than the AGM version, but from the pictures I can't see that much difference. I think the OTO's making a lot of noise to sell more decks. I'd just get a pre-owned US Games version in a lavender box, the cards are identical to the AGM one.

That is the 'lightest' Prince of Cups I have ever seen - I never know how close these colors are to 'real life' on the cards.

ravenest

Well I like it })

I wouldn't even say it is "less saturated". It looks like watercolour art, but it isn't pallid by any means. That's what I like about it; the fact that it feels like it was done with an artist's brush. I remember that the images for the deck are watercolours and it feels more painterly than the AG Muller one/U.S Games distributed one.

I have the standard size and a couple of the minis which I adore. One is in my desk drawer at work along with an Albano Waite mini.

Those who don't like it tend to be very vocal about but I like to stick up for it. The backs don't have a white border either, which is nice. But - yes - it makes the AG Muller one look very retouched.

ETA; it is often refered to as the Urania/Verlag Thoth, in case you were researching...(oh and those Tarot Garden scans are terrible...My decks don't look like that)

Aha! That answers my question.