German OTO 'Thoth' deck

Le Fanu

But many people already complain about pale Thoth's because they are so used to over-saturated versions. Would they consider a colour corrected version an improvement? Probably not.
With the trend for "rich colours" and the taste for colours "popping" I suspect most people would prefer an artificially coloured version to one that reflects the original hues.

Imagine if this deck that nobody likes was a superb likeness...

tarot heart

With the trend for "rich colours" and the taste for colours "popping" I suspect most people would prefer an artificially coloured version to one that reflects the original hues.

Not me, I would prefer one true to the artist's original work. However, that said, I'd still like to know which ones are considered over-saturated.

I have the German mini and I think the colors are quite sharp...

Laura Borealis

Remember that one someone did (just some individual, and as far as I know they didn't print them) - the borders were black, and they super-saturated the colors? There's a video. It makes the USG one look restrained. :laugh:

tarot heart

Remember that one someone did (just some individual, and as far as I know they didn't print them) - the borders were black, and they super-saturated the colors? There's a video. It makes the USG one look restrained. :laugh:

Wow Laura! That was like the Radiant Thoth!!! Kinda liked it...

Laura Borealis

Not me, I would prefer one true to the artist's original work. However, that said, I'd still like to know which ones are considered over-saturated.

I THINK they're referring to the AGM printed/USG distributed one. At least, the quote that Aeon posted, from some OTO bigwig, talked about the USG three-magicians one in conjunction with over-saturation. Freddie mentioned AGM. As far as I know (and that is VERY LITTLE) AGM prints the deck that USG distributes. I have had a couple but they both found new homes :p

There's this super-long thread here talking about the Urania one, which I do not have the patience to read through again, but might be of interest.

ravenest

You brought a note from your HGA? ;)

Mine says;

Please excuse ravenest for being late ( on the path to higher development). He is a screwed-up loner, a sad, desperate kleptomaniac seeking escape from a hostile world. He needs to join the OTO, meet people and make friends and go on material-gathering field trips to the local library and get over his obscurantistic pretension, sex with goats and much, much more .... so please let him into the Warburg Institute and he promises not to steal any of Lady Harris' paintings.

Signed; ravenest's HGA.

ravenest

My deck is so old and worn that it looks 'pale' ... it probably wasn't 'saturated to begin with.

To get an idea of what your limits are (how much 'saturation' you like) google (images) a specific card and check the variations ... some are scanned in with an atrocious result.

gregory

I THINK they're referring to the AGM printed/USG distributed one. At least, the quote that Aeon posted, from some OTO bigwig, talked about the USG three-magicians one in conjunction with over-saturation. Freddie mentioned AGM. As far as I know (and that is VERY LITTLE) AGM prints the deck that USG distributes. I have had a couple but they both found new homes :p

There's this super-long thread here talking about the Urania one, which I do not have the patience to read through again, but might be of interest.

I'll help, then. :)

AGM doesn't print any of them and hasn't for years - the lovely blue box ones (which are over saturated but I LIKE them !) were printed in Switzerland - the USG and the more recent Muller ones are/were printed in Belgium by (I think, but am too sick to go look) Cartamundi. AND - Konigsfurt/Urania has taken over Muller anyway. As well as Cartamundi, I think, just to add a dash of extra flavour !

Laura Borealis

I sit corrected :p

tarot heart

I'll help, then. :)

AGM doesn't print any of them and hasn't for years - the lovely blue box ones (which are over saturated but I LIKE them !) were printed in Switzerland - the USG and the more recent Muller ones are/were printed in Belgium by (I think, but am too sick to go look) Cartamundi. AND - Konigsfurt/Urania has taken over Muller anyway. As well as Cartamundi, I think, just to add a dash of extra flavour !

So the over-saturated ones aren't printed anymore? Which company in Switzerland printed them?

Sorry to hear you are sick Gregory, hope you feel better soon :)