German OTO 'Thoth' deck

Zephyros

Does the new edition have the white point in the middle of the Rosy Cross on the backs (sadly, missing in the standard version)?

Richard

Does the new edition have the white point in the middle of the Rosy Cross on the backs (sadly, missing in the standard version)?
It's possible that it wasn't included in the original design for the cross used on the card backs. (It's obvious that the cross was painted in watercolor by Frieda.) Maybe I should include it in my avatar. It would add a nice supernal touch.

Freddie

Hi Closrapexa,

It doesn't have the dot in mine. Hopefully a larger version of this awesome pack will be printed in the future. I still use my big ones all of the time as they just cannot be replaced for getting a lot of the details from the art.

Freddie

DeToX

It's possible that it wasn't included in the original design for the cross used on the card backs. (It's obvious that the cross was painted in watercolor by Frieda.) Maybe I should include it in my avatar. It would add a nice supernal touch.

Yeah, if she means that the white parts at NE, SE, SW and NW (INRI(in the bottom layer in the middle of the 'standard' Rosy Cross then yeah Freda seems to have used a different colour scheme, and this version has all the same colours but just slight different tones.

DeToX

I decided to measure the relative proportions of the Large Green USG Thoth deck compared with the Gold AGM Original and assuming the proportions of the Original cards are correct, it would appear that the backs of the Large Green deck are stretched lengthways but the card fronts are actually stretched left to right (widescreen? :-D) - in contrast with the Small Lilac USB Thoth deck which is stretched vertically on both front and back.