RWS edition with rose cross backs

BrightEye

You are correct. I have only a camera, no scanner, but the blue on the mini looks a bit darker and more toward the purple side.

Mine is purple too and looks exactly like yours.

Teheuti

You are correct. I have only a camera, no scanner, but the blue on the mini looks a bit darker and more toward the purple side.
The back of my cards tend toward purple while the same design on the box is definitely blue. I see the copyright on yours is 1993, while my Schors is 1998 - so, maybe they were just publishing the Dutch version of the German edition.

Yelell

The Anraths Waite has the same rosy cross with just different shades of blue.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 205

Richard

Just out of curiosity, does the back design impact our interpretation of the cards, not that that is of any importance?

Zephyros

Just out of curiosity, does the back design impact our interpretation of the cards, not that that is of any importance?

I actually think that sometimes it can. Apart from the atmosphere it can impart the Rose Cross is an especially important symbol and serves as a reminder of certain things. In fact, I wish there was a deck with a really detailed back with all the letters and alchemical symbols.

Yelell

Imagine the RWS with a big portrait of Spongebog grinning on the backs. That would adversely affect my overall mindset and any interpretation I'm sure. I wonder if this rosy cross design is copyrighted, or if it could be used for other cardbacks.

Yelell

This is the version I have found at my local store. It seems that AGM Urania made another edition. Text is on japanese, so if you have google chrome just translate it to english. http://www.p-mana.com/card-tarot-of-arthur-edward-waite.htm

Same box and cardback but in English. Nice :)

My local metaphysical store has this deck and on the box it says english version. I want to know is this version different from one with yellow box or is it the same? I like that rose cross on backs.

On the fronts of mine, I've only notice some slight color shade variations from the yellow box version, nothing that matters IMO.

November's Dawn

Same box and cardback but in English. Nice :)

On the fronts of mine, I've only notice some slight color shade variations from the yellow box version, nothing that matters IMO.

Thanks. I actually don't own RW because I never felt connection to its imagery. However, I like this rose cross at the backs because it reminds me of Thoth which is my main working deck. About imagery, I prefer combination of Smith-Waite Tarot Centennial Edition, and Original version, but my shop don't hold it. I bought pocket RW with yellow box, but those bright and vivid images don't look so good, especially yellow colors. I prefer darker colors. Probably I will buy this version since colors doesn't look so bright and yellowish and that rose cross looks amazing :)

MissChiff

I just found this deck on EBay.. Two actually.. One regular size and the other pocket... The backs are wonderful.. They are German.. I also have a German RWS deck that is gold on the sides..