Do you get tired after reading?

MandMaud

PS I don't think it's only the psychic vampire effect. I recognise that easily nowadays and know how to avoid it (not always successful but I do know how). Sometimes it is that but it isn't the only thing. There's another kind of energy draining... but as I said to start with, if I'd identified what it is I'd be earning money. :D

Barleywine

As a former writer by profession and a current one by choice, I find sitting at my desk creating a written account of a reading to be a stimulating experience, since I have lots of time to hone the words and I love language arts of any kind. No stress or fatigue at all for me there, since I can get up and walk away when I want. Switching to face-to-face, I find it more a performing art with a sense of theater about it, which provides a different kind of pleasure. Neither one gives me any mental or emotional fatigue, and obviously sitting on my backside and playing with cards isn't going to give me any physical fatigue. Most of my extended reading sessions go 3 or 4 hours straight, and I might feel a bit "stretched thin" but never really drained.