Moon in outcome position

FaireMaiden

FaireMaiden said:
In this light, I also agree with Thirteen that the Moon represents a sort of fantasy-world... Since this was a 'relationship' reading, I'd have to give it the old 'romantic love' twist... When one is 'in love' they are, so to speak, effectively projecting their romantic fantasy upon another who is receptive to playing the Romeo or Juliet... It's all so wonderful-feeling... But, in such a state, one can't see the forest for the trees...
Miss Divine said:
Which makes it negative in a relationship reading afterall!?!
I'm sorry, lass, but you're asking for absolutes... and if Tarot teaches anything it's that there are no absolutes...

Without the proper context of the reading (i.e. all the cards that were laid out), one cannot give the definitive answer that you seek... We're all just taking stabs at it here...

If the cards in the reading were crappy, then I'd say the Moon represents a very impermanent outcome... so the advice would be to not invest oneself too deeply in the exchange...

However, if all the cards were fantastic, I'd say the Moon is telling the querent to slow down, to enjoy the ride, to be in the 'NOW', and let tomorrow take care of itself... that what is being experienced is necessary for the querent's growth, whether it turns out to be a permanent relationship or not...

afrosaxon

Miss Divine said:
Which makes it negative in a relationship reading afterall!?!

If that's how you are interpreting it -- and have been interpreting it from the start -- then go with it.

Mellifluous

I agree that it's saying it's not for the querent to know at this point.

Generally, to me the moon is the 'keep the faith' card. It's the bad stuff, the fears, etc. that turn out to be an illusion or ephemeral. So, calm down, keep going and eventually the sun will be out again.

willowfox

'how will my relationship turn out with X''? Outcome Moon,

It will end in confusion.

Thirteen

Miss Divine said:
IWhich makes it negative in a relationship reading afterall!?!
If the aim is to have a real-life, long-term, cards-on-the-table, warts-and-all relationship, then yes. It's negative. If the aim is to have a dreamy, romantic, fantasy relationship, then it's positive. Just to be clear, it's not about a night's passion and in the morning the guy up and leaves, it's about the fact that when she's with this guy, this girl cannot see those warts and all.

Let me give you an example. I knew a girl once, and she had fallen for this guy. She described him to us: tall, blue-eyed, blond-haired....she made him sound like some sort of Greek god. So when he finally came over, we were waiting for him to burst into the room radiating light.

He was tall. Also doughy, rather like a big teddybear. He was blue-eyed, but he also wore glasses on his very round, chubby face. He had short blond hair. :rolleyes: Our girl there was in a "Moon" romance state. To her, this guy was a Greek god, to us...he was a teddybear.

That's what that outcome card is telling you. Anything your girl does with this guy she'll describe as if she's done it with Romeo. But an outsider, seeing the same thing, will say, "What's she *talking* about? It wasn't like that at all!" She'll tell you about the romantic dinner they had and you'll go to the same restaurant for lunch and wonder how the girl could have missed the fact that the plaster is falling off the walls, the food is cheap and tasteless and the service is terrible.

Like I said, it all works by the light of the Moon...because you can't see anything clearly. But the light of day is going to show all the imperfections and reality of the guy. He's not perfect, he's not Romeo, he's not a Greek god. It all depends on what she wants, a fantasy romance that lasts however long it lasts, or something real, warts and all, that does last. If she wants the warts but lasts, then the Moon is a negative.

Oh, and the girl with the Greek god took care of him when he was really sick (food poisoning, I think) which gave her a serious dose of reality...and she still married the guy, so she got past that "Moon romance" phase :D

Miss Divine

Thank you, ALL of you!
I learned alot. I finally feel like i REALLY understand that card now.

Thirteen that example with the ''greek god'' LOL really helped me understand it even better.

Thanks so much again!

Raya

Did you try pulling any clarification cards on it? You could also do a mini 1-2 card spread to help illuminate what part of the Moon you should pay attention to.

Or (I thought of this just as I was writing,) since you felt confusion looking at the card and confusion is a part of the Moon's meaning, maybe the relationship is just going to end up being very confusing for you.

raeanne

Hi all,
I know I have posted this before in discussions about the Moon but I think it really says a lot. It is from an old Moody Blues song:
"Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow's white,
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion."

wind

I had a Moon as an outcome for my friend's relationship reading.

What was happening and is still happening is that the guy is not clear on what kind of relationship he wants to have, they are together, but he doesn't want to "officially" call it a couple, they spend many hours together, they see each other every day, he is not cheating on her, he is thoughtful and considerate but on the other hand he can be distant and mysterious - and he doesn't want to call this a "couple". Which drives my friend mad because she is in the years when she wants to seriously start thinking about a family and she is very much in love with him - but totally confused if this relationship has a future. She cannot break up with him because he gives her that much of attention so she still keeps her feelings alive, but on the other hand he is totally evasive, unclear, doesn't want to truly commit, etc.

Really a Moon type of things:)

Miss Divine

I'm really glad you posted this wind.
Another great example of the moon card:)
AND one that makes lots of sense, THNX!